OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be growing out a ton of hydroids in the tank. Tempted to start over and clean it out. I see babies but still no adults. I seem to be able to kill off the adults pretty well. Hmmm.
where did the hydroids come from?

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just setup a 3.5g tank with a bottle of Tigger pods, some well seeded siporax from my main tank, and an airline. My jar of Spirulina powder should be here on Fri. Can someone tell me what it is the recommended feeding dose and duration? Thanks!

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just setup a 3.5g tank with a bottle of Tigger pods, some well seeded siporax from my main tank, and an airline. My jar of Spirulina powder should be here on Fri. Can someone tell me what it is the recommended feeding dose and duration? Thanks!

OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small pinch of spirulina powder in about 2-3oz. of water salt or fresh water is fine. Whip it like you are scrambling an egg with a plastic fork. Pour it around in the tank. Watch the video from page 1 post #8.

Last edited:
OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone having some kick butt success with their pods yet? Mine are still steady and strong. So close to be pulling from my left tank for Tigger pods. I did once and might have set it back a week or 2. My right tank is still at a 2-3k+ pull every week.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok was just trying to see if one was recommended vs the other.
Salinity 35 will be trying to keep it at room temp

OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I saw little water movment....how does the water not go stale?
I have no water movement. They just need water. They are used to living in tide pools where there is no water movement, salinity risings, and blistering hot California sun. Tough little critters. Sitting in a tank with a stable condition for a few weeks aside of ammonia. This is heaven compared to what they go through in nature.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no water movement. They just need water. They are used to living in tide pools where there is no water movement, salinity risings, and blistering hot California sun. Tough little critters. Sitting in a tank with a stable condition for a few weeks aside of ammonia. This is heaven compared to what they go through in nature.
Ok but how do you keep the water from fouling?

OP
OP
40B Knasty

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok but how do you keep the water from fouling?
I change about 85-90% of the water every 2 or 3 weeks. I have 3 airline tubes weighted down by a piece of rubble rock or a heavy frag plug elastic band around the end. I used frag gel glue around the outside of the tubes and pressed a piece of fine foam around them as a screen to siphon out the water and keep the pods in the tank. Usually I only replace enough water to get to the top of the rock in the tank. So about 3 gallons. When you start off. Keep the water level lower so the pods can find each other better with about 2 gallons and add 1 more gallon on the 3rd week when the population starts to grow. Then you will be were I am at doing a 3-4 gallon water change.

chap34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tisbe and a rotifier tank, both have done very well. I have to say I disagree with the one bubble a time on the air line is not near as important as it has been made out here. I could not throttle mine and it was a solid stream of bubbles and my pods have done fine. I just have a bucket with an air stone, a small filter pad for them to hide in, and keep the water green with Spirulina.

I do want to get Tiggers going from the discussion in this thread!

Now I have to decide what I want to batch grow (I ordered 6 small containers to rotate a harvest from a different bucket [almost]each day of the week)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back