Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Better coloring on the BW and AZ photo

upload_2018-9-21_2-24-22.png

And let's not forget this lil guy while we're at it.... (mwahahah)

upload_2018-9-21_2-25-46.png
You are evil. I knew I liked you!

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a lil bubble tip.to me score!!

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be a party pooper, but it could be a Mojano. They are related to and often look like small BTA. Mojano can be beautiful, but multiply very rapidly and will sting corals.

@Amoo @DeniseAndy @davocean @MSB123 @gig 'em any thoughts here?

BTW, I keep a pest tank full of majanos (of all varieties), aiptasia, and tulip anemones. So, can say with certainty, OP's surprise is not any of these.

For education purposes... majanos will have banded tentacles typically but not a colored tip. However, OP's hitchhiker has pink\purple tips and also exhibit an acid wash patternnig on the tentacles and bulb. Plus, the bulb shape is more consistent with GBTAs. :)

Now -- if anyone wants to see a beautiful "baby" nem (ahem, @Katrina71 ) -- check out the tulip nem in my profile pic. under blues, it's bright green with laser red tips. Great for FOWLRs, less stellar for reef tanks. heh.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful little guy. Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
BoSalman

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a BTA.

That's what i liked to read! Thanks.

I'd like to thank you for my now frantic search for a baby nem!

You should! I really love them but never had a chance to find one here.. just got lucky at once i guess

The size and bubbled tips do look like a mojano to me, but the speckling looks to me like a BTA. I’ll put my money on a BTA, but it’s very hard to tell. One way is to just keep feeding it mysis and see if it grows larger. If all it does is split into another one then it may be time to start getting it out of the tank. Fingers crossed that it’s a BTA hitchhiker!

That's what i'm planning to do, i will keep taking good care of it, and watch for any unusual action ;Bookworm

That is an acid wash green BTA baby... congrats!!

All I ever get hitchhike on my stuff are flat worms, aiptasia, or isopods... sigh

I really hope it is a GBTA! Any BTA would do for me honestly since i had no option in rhe first place, not to mention that it came here untoniced ;)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know I'm blaming you guys for my next purchase!

OP
OP
BoSalman

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely an anemone. May be too big for Mojano, but hopefully some others will chime in. I should add @KJ too.

Thank you for the tags and help! That saved my day, now just waiting and hoping to confirm it again in a week or two, it is showing new growth on the sides so i will keep feeding and watching.. will update soon!

OP
OP
BoSalman

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been gone a while. Hate sickness. It is a baby bta in my opinion. Very pretty. Looks exactly like one of mine except color. Make sure you get some food in it. It will grow nicely from there. :)

Glad to have you back! Thanks for confirming this. I will indeed take good care of it and see how it grows out

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No doubt a bubble tip. As they mature, they Do split and many more are generated

OP
OP
BoSalman

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything in that picture that makes me think anything other than BTA.

Thank you for confirming, appreciate it!

No doubt a bubble tip. As they mature, they Do split and many more are generated

Waiting patiently for it to grow and get some nice coloration out of it! Thank you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back