Tiny Bubbles

saltynovice378

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal to have tiny bubbles in the tank? I heard a couple of people mention that the small bubbles are not good for coral. I would think that this is just an end result of the water circulating and adding oxygen to the tank. Any thoughts? Thank you
 

Attachments

  • 1420655040748.jpg
    1420655040748.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 171
Looks like standard micro bubbles accumulating. You can also see bubbles from bacteria like Cyno but that doesn't seem to be the case. When people complain about micro bubbles it's usually because it's visually not appeal to look at. On a deep tank with a micro bubble problem it can make the water look foggy.
 
Bubbles are not an issue. If you have ever seen waves cresting a reef, the amount of bubbles that the coral gets exposed to is far greater than what you would typically see in a tank.

I have also had a couple of instances where the ATO container ran dry and the return pump was sucking far more air than water. I couldn't even see into the tank due to the air bubbles. None of the coral seemed to care (zoanthids, acro, birdsnest, acan, mushroom)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new