Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the one rock island can look good if you allow plenty of swimming room. Here's my corner 54. It doesn't have a lot of room on the rock work for frags but plenty of room on the sand for lps. Sometimes less is more.
54 reef .jpg

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to copy an aquascape I found on another forum and since I'm not as handy as I'd like to be with a drill and acrylic rods I sent some photos to a guy that makes his own aquascapes. My rocks have been leaching alkalinity so I don't think they were cured properly. I sent my water sample to triton to be tested and the opinions I got were that my parameters were within normal or acceptable levels. Po4 was 0.02

Pics aren't the greatest either so I'll try to update when I can.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I see many coral purchases in your future, ;)
Nice set up.

Harold Green

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is truely an unusual display but I think one of the best I've seen for an early stage of tank development. Go with it and send us lots of pictures as you add frags.

007Bond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for mine? I feel like it's missing something.
IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG
IMG_2333.JPG
IMG_2334.JPG

For what its worth...my eye sees to much height in your left column...I would put the large right rock on top of the whitish bottom rock...maybe a couple smaller rocks around them and call it a day. You will have more options for placing various types of coral.---Rick

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread never gets tired, always something new shows up.

Scallywag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ho2lxPcPqP_lW5ETYMYQgwpeSPJnjsJoGcVG8uWv010

It needs some tweaking but I like it better than the way it was. Thoughts?

I plan on upgrading my stand, light and sump this winter in prep for corals. I want to make sure my scape is going to be exactly how I want it before I add corals.

Last edited:

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ho2lxPcPqP_lW5ETYMYQgwpeSPJnjsJoGcVG8uWv010

It needs some tweaking but I like it better than the way it was. Thoughts?

I plan on upgrading my stand, light and sump this winter in prep for corals. I want to make sure my scape is going to be exactly how I want it before I add corals.

I like it! Those tonga branches are what really makes the scape work. I'd just be sure that water will flow well through everything.....and I mean every nook and cranny!

And in all my experience, and of all the refers I've ever known, an aquascape is never going to satisfy the reefer, or at least not for long. It seems to me a tanks aquascape is forever changing and evolving. But to me yours looks great right now

Scallywag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, gettaReef. I will be adding more flow or at least upgrading my powerheads. Theres a decent amount now but I can tell there are some spots that could use more.

Like you said, never satisfied. I just don't know how feasible it would be to move things around once corals are in.

I still need a black background but will prob wait to just paint it when I change stands. All things I would have liked to have done in the initial setup but I acquired the tank from a friend who needed it gone asap.

Anyway, thanks again for the compliments.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread was very helpful! Here is what I came up with after reading your thread! Thank you for sharing your artistic gift with us!!!

20150930_181914.jpg

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new tank! Here's my before and after. I decided to try a two island thing instead of a rock wall this time around. What do you guys think of the outcome?

Before:
IMG_2427.JPG

After:
IMG_2495.JPG

Right side:
IMG_2494.JPG

Left side:
IMG_2492.JPG
That turned out really well! The right side makes me think of the crescent shape of Molokini, I want to go diving!!!

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new tank! Here's my before and after. I decided to try a two island thing instead of a rock wall this time around. What do you guys think of the outcome?

Before:
IMG_2427.JPG

After:
IMG_2495.JPG

Right side:
IMG_2494.JPG

Left side:
IMG_2492.JPG

Much improved! I'd like to see that mag rock off center though. It would look more natural.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! I think it makes it look other worldly, like it's just hanging in suspension!!!

rus15.rb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4cd2aa78f725b1fcbb3fa4ceb78c3588.jpg

Just wonder what you guys think...

It's a 30g nano so quite limited on options. The main drawback is depth of the tank is only 14 inches.
7dccb6267b318dfbc5f1307ef2049e51.jpg

The tank used to look like this....

ac060cea8b8ee8735881581c705de7ff.jpg

I will be moving the tank into its newly decorated home [emoji12] so have a chance to rescape when the tank is drained.

I won't be adding any new rock as spouse says I have spent the budget.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back