Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All sides. Coraline on the glass is a pest not a pleasure. I have a narrow tank but I still scrape the back even if it means knocking a coral or 2 off, because it's my display tank and I want the whole tank to look as good as I can make it.

If you look at any "tank of the month" quality tank they are almost always going to have clean glass. Dirty glass distracts your view which should be entirely focused on the corals and fish. You will find some people who say they like the pink background, but then why didn't you paint the back pink? I'd also challenge anyway who does prefer this look to scrape their back glass and see how they feel. It will grow back in a month or 2 if you do change your mind back.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rather unique rockscape in my tank and I've quit trying to clean the side glass. Especially now that I'm building a new tank and doing a new and different unique rockscape. But the new one will allow me to clean the front and the sides. My overflow weir and back wall will be coraline and/or coral once it matures, but instead of black, mine will be white.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as Crabs Mcjones but after seeing some tanks on here I kinda wish I would of cleaned the back

clm65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is built into the wall between two rooms, so I clean the front and back, but not the sides. So “none of the above” as far as the poll goes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back