Toadstool help?

kristinarenee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently started slowly adding corals to my 10 year old tank. I have had this mushroom for 2 weeks. It seems to stay in this dome shape. I have not ever seen one in this shape before so i am worried. Will is eventually turn inward? I also recently added some more reef saver rock i cured for 3 weeks. Phosphates and other params normal.

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently started slowly adding corals to my 10 year old tank. I have had this mushroom for 2 weeks. It seems to stay in this dome shape. I have not ever seen one in this shape before so i am worried. Will is eventually turn inward? I also recently added some more reef saver rock i cured for 3 weeks. Phosphates and other params normal.
Picture?

OP
OP
kristinarenee

kristinarenee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20180204_234717.jpg

Reef Jeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen them shaped like that before and eventually as they grow the edges turn up and back down again. Your polyp extension looks good and seems to cover the entire top. It looks happy to me. Do you have good flow over the top of him so detritus does not accumulate?

OP
OP
kristinarenee

kristinarenee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen them shaped like that before and eventually as they grow the edges turn up and back down again. Your polyp extension looks good and seems to cover the entire top. It looks happy to me. Do you have good flow over the top of him so detritus does not accumulate?
Yes, he has good flow. About 3/4 up from the bottom of the tank.

OP
OP
kristinarenee

kristinarenee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After acclimating him i didnt expect his polyps to come out for days but within a minute of putting him in they started to come out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back