Toadstool issues!?

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have a toadstool and I noticed some white on it. It still opens and expands large but the white is getting bigger. On the stem has white and in the “cup” the center had some sand (thanks to my orange shoulder) and has a white dented spot in the center, anyone know what to do or if it is a common thing for them!?! Thank you guys in advance

C35547AE-A759-45A2-AD82-B9E9D9245F93.jpeg 45C6A3CE-138F-4EB8-92C5-1202B82A2F32.jpeg EA7E8EFB-1EE2-4C9C-8EAD-2E3E6CFB99E3.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It may be going to molt phase

OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got the sand out a few days ago and it’s still dented and white, is there bacterial infections that they get? Anything that could kill it? Fungal? nothing else in the tank is affected by anything. I don’t have cleaning crew critters only small tiny fire worms/ bristle worms (not sure what one) and 1 rock burrowing black wana.

OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be going to molt phase
Yeah I got the sand out a few days ago and it’s still dented and white, is there bacterial infections that they get? Anything that could kill it? Fungal? nothing else in the tank is affected by anything. I don’t have cleaning crew critters only small tiny fire worms/ bristle worms (not sure what one) and 1 rock burrowing black wana

OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be trying to molt to get rid of the sand that fell in it. See if you can gently blow the sand off it.
Yeah I got the sand out a few days ago and it’s still dented and white, is there bacterial infections that they get? Anything that could kill it? Fungal? nothing else in the tank is affected by anything. I don’t have cleaning crew critters only small tiny fire worms/ bristle worms (not sure what one) and 1 rock burrowing black wana

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not out of the ordinary for them to take a few days to molt, if all your parameters are within range and not swinging I'd just give it some time.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Only other thing that makes a hole is a worm, which I say likely not

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
C
Okay, thanks! It’s been about 2 weeks that it’s been white but I’ll watch it! Thank you vetteguy
can you post a pic of it? Im thinking you may have a film on the surface when you say white. May need more flow.
Give it a few gentle blasts with a turkey baster and see if there’s a change

Duncan Tse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's normal for toadstools to shed their skin. I've got 2 huge neon green and a tan toadstool and they'll do that from time to time. Sometimes it could take a few days or even a few weeks for them to open back up.

OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's normal for toadstools to shed their skin. I've got 2 huge neon green and a tan toadstool and they'll do that from time to time. Sometimes it could take a few days or even a few weeks for them to open back up.
You got a picture of yours one doing that?

OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll get some pictures, I did post some earlier in the thread but I’ll get now shots.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so the update on my toadstool is here. It’s been 1 month and the white spot that was on the side has totally eaten through and has 2 small holes now. I’ll try post pics please lmk what you guys think.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back