Toadstool issues!?

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relax. It’s not pests and it’s not going to die. It’s fragging itself. I had the same issue and started freaking out too. It’s going to keep doing that until it literally drops a. Section at a time. I ended up getting rid of it because I ended up with dozens of toadstools all over the tank. I actually put up quite a few posts on it if you want to research it. Look up toadstool self fragging.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so the update on my toadstool is here. It’s been 1 month and the white spot that was on the side has totally eaten through and has 2 small holes now. I’ll try post pics please lmk what you guys think.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Its splitting dont dip it's making a baby

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My finger leather just did the same thing. It will take it a bit to finish splitting.

OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relax. It’s not pests and it’s not going to die. It’s fragging itself. I had the same issue and started freaking out too. It’s going to keep doing that until it literally drops a. Section at a time. I ended up getting rid of it because I ended up with dozens of toadstools all over the tank. I actually put up quite a few posts on it if you want to research it. Look up toadstool self fragging.
Thank you!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep the area cleaned out, it will close up, but it takes awhile, the debris must have sat there for a while. I purchased a 10 inch one that had 3 burn holes, I keep them cleaned out with a turkey baster and they are slowly closing up, no problem with the tentacles reaching and it looks great

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a few of these and they do weird things all the time. It still looks healthy to me and might be splitting. Is it in the sand? It might like to be on some rocks. I have some that crawl all over the rocks and leave babies behind.

OP
OP
Josh_boss

Josh_boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a few of these and they do weird things all the time. It still looks healthy to me and might be splitting. Is it in the sand? It might like to be on some rocks. I have some that crawl all over the rocks and leave babies behind.
It’s on a large frag plug in the sand because I have sps all over my rocks so I don’t want it up there

Back