Too many Alerts, can't stop them.

rbarr110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something happened recently, and to the best of my knowledge I did nothing to change this. I am getting an alert for what seems to be every new thread started.

I went through preferences and all the alerts that are checked are related to things I follow or post to. Why am I getting so many alerts the last week or so?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Something happened recently, and to the best of my knowledge I did nothing to change this. I am getting an alert for what seems to be every new thread started.

I went through preferences and all the alerts that are checked are related to things I follow or post to. Why am I getting so many alerts the last week or so?

Click on your screen name in the upper right of your screen and then select "alert" preferences (not "preferences") you should be able to make the desired changes on that screen. Please let us know if you still have any challenges with this process. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

rbarr110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already done that but am still getting alerts for new threads started. I cannot figure out which if any of the options available I need to select to make it stop. All of the options refer to something I participated in, not get an alert for every new thread.
Of the image below I think only 1 alert is from a thread I participated in or even looked at.
options.JPG
threads.JPG

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it all new threads or just from certain sub-forum? On the ribbon across the top of the home screen, there is a link to "watched forums" - is there any forums listed when you select this link? If so, you may want to go to the sub-forum and select "unwatch forum".

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fantastic! I’m glad we figured it out! I know how frustrating that can be!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back