Too much sediment floating

saltynovice378

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday my tank was nice and clear. I moved one of my life life rocks and churned up some sediment. But that cleared up last night and this morning did you seem to be too much floating around my tank creating a haze. Is it possible my bio load is starting to increase and my protein skimmer can handle it as the tank is maturing?
Thanks

29 gal red sea max
Stock skimmer
Chemical pure elite (changed last week)
2 clown
1 blennie
10 hermit
3 peppermint
38 lbs live rock
 
Its most probably related to you stirring up some detritus when you moved the rocks. I'd give it some time to see if it clears up before doing anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new