Top Down Lagoon

Red Leader

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2019
Messages
119
Reaction score
123
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp... I'm bored so I thought I'd start up a nano. ;Woot Here are the specs:

UNS 45S (basically a regular 10 gallon that's been chopped in half)
AquaClear 70 with Oceanbox Design insert and surface skimmer
Aquaknight Light
Hygger wave maker
Neotherm 25W heater
AutoAqua Smart ATO
Some sand and dead rock I had lying around

20210903_215842.jpg


20210903_215925.jpg


So my idea is to have a tank that is designed to be viewed from the top and that is super colorful. All softy tank; don't wanna deal with constant dosing.

So here's a few questions for you guys:

- What should I do with my AquaClear? Straight filter pads and carbon? Fuge? Both?
- Suggestions on corals? My thoughts - rock flower anemone, mushrooms, ricordeas, clove polyps. Color has to just pop and must be clearly seen even with water movement from the top. So no subtly colored rics or other corals. Anything else I should consider?
- Suggestions on fish and stocking levels? Initial thought was a pistol/yasha goby pair and 3 yellow clown gobys. Any concern with the 3 goby's fighting? Any other fish combos that you guys would suggest?
- Anything else I'm missing?
 
RFA are nice and colorful, so are some mushrooms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new