Torch coral problem

Piyras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

i have been long facing issues with some of my torches of shrinking and thinning of tentacles.

one colony is doing great but other 3 aint that much. Their tentacles are retracted and very thin.
My parameters are:

phos :0.01
Nitrate: 6.3

cal: 490 (lowering it)
Alk 8.3
Mag 1350

ph7.8

since I dont to wc everyweek i dose trace elements red sea a-d: 5 ml everyweek

salt mix instant oncean reef crsytals will be changing to better one.

any advice would be highly appreciated thanks.

6121D21F-E07D-4D08-A3E4-0D94C8623495.jpeg 3F2BE977-8B17-4701-B0B6-B19371E954A1.png C8027820-A499-4DA8-B319-2B76D6ADDFFF.jpeg

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off skimmer/carbon/UV, add a good airstone and do a round of Chemiclean and then resume normal reefing after 48 hours - all reef parameters being nominal you should be good to go.

OP
OP
Piyras

Piyras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off skimmer/carbon/UV, add a good airstone and do a round of Chemiclean and then resume normal reefing after 48 hours - all reef parameters being nominal you should be good to go.
Thank for advice. But are my parameters ok?? I used hanna test kits for all para.

In addition, I did a week of Cipro treatment, no change in the condition of the torches.

SillyReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you testing po4 and no3?
I would say .10 po4 and 10-25 no3. Lps likes dirty water

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for advice. But are my parameters ok?? I used hanna test kits for all para.

In addition, I did a week of Cipro treatment, no change in the condition of the torches.
Have you dipped the corals for pests? Have you done a recent ICP to check everything?

OP
OP
Piyras

Piyras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you dipped the corals for pests? Have you done a recent ICP to check everything?
Yes! With Coral revive. No, I have never got ICP test. I heard bad reviews about them (taking too long etc).

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Hanna's test kit. However, I do dose red sea No-Po-X
Nopox will take you in the wrong direction, will lower nitrate even further, won’t touch phosphate much if any.

The tank looks good to me, but I’d say phosphate to low at 0.01ppm. I’d dose up that number to say .1ppm and hold it there, no other changes for a month.

Corals must have stable nitrate and phosphate availability, and I am concerned that such a low reading, 0.01ppm may actually be zero, starving corals.

OP
OP
Piyras

Piyras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nopox will take you in the wrong direction, will lower nitrate even further, won’t touch phosphate much if any.

The tank looks good to me, but I’d say phosphate to low at 0.01ppm. I’d dose up that number to say .1ppm and hold it there, no other changes for a month.

Corals must have stable nitrate and phosphate availability, and I am concerned that such a low reading, 0.01ppm may actually be zero, starving corals.
Ok I believe that can be an issue.
I ll increase my phosphate.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! With Coral revive. No, I have never got ICP test. I heard bad reviews about them (taking too long etc).
Well you may want to. You are dosing trace elements with no idea what your baseline numbers are at. Even though you are not doing regular water changes you still could have something way out of balance. I get my results back in a week or less

OP
OP
Piyras

Piyras

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you may want to. You are dosing trace elements with no idea what your baseline numbers are at. Even though you are not doing regular water changes you still could have something way out of balance. I get my results back in a week or less
I will send a test this weekend.
Thank you! Really appreciate

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back