38DAE344-4979-430D-815A-6C8D4CC205BD.jpeg
My frogspawn with a head of hammers in the top right corner

Ben Seaver

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ben Seaver --question please? I just heard that I shouldn't put my torches next to my hammers & frogspawn. It looks (from the photos) yours are fairly close together. Any problems? I'm relatively new to corals.

IMG_2234.JPG
Hello! Though you can keep them close I'd definitely make sure they dont touch. 85% of my euphyllia are torches so I dont worry much about them touching. Hope that helpz..

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still keep all these torches? That is freaking beautiful! Do you find all of your torches retain their color? Is there a particular type torch that retains its color more? Have you had any that have morphed from what how they looked originally? What par do you keep them under? Do you dose anything in particular for coloration? Feeding? I know torches can handle more light than other Euphyllia. I have a single torch that’s around 3 years old. It’s grown significantly since purchased. It used to be a bright neon green similar to one of yours. Over time it has lost a lot of that neon and isn’t as vibrant as it was. I Emailed TSA and asked them what they thought. Told them my parameters and Par levels where this torch is at. Which is around 150 Par. They said they keep their torches in around 200-250 par. They said I might try moving mine up a bit. They also asked if I dose aminos. Told them I do not. Just maintain No3 and Po4 within range. They said sometimes different lighting can effect whether a coral changes color or not. I’ve never had any of my hammers change colors, just this torch. I use a RB Photon V2 Over this tank. Not exactly the cheapest lighting, but not the most expensive. In my opinion it’s a nice light that uses quality diodes. They did comment that the torch looks very healthy and I agreed. It’s just not that bright neon anymore. :(

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would ask you the same question as I posted for Ben Seaver. Very nice garden indeed.
I wish I had a magic answer for you as I've been on the search for the same question.

I think you'll find a different response from each hobbiest as each tank is different.

I find all torches change a little bit when introduced into a new environment.

I do feed heavy and export heavier.

I dose and feed amino acids, ab+, phyto, reef roids and benipets, with the occasional oyster feast and reef chili.

Torches range from 130-250 par.

I notice thicker tenticles in higher par as well as yellows and gold show more.

This is all for me in my tank and will have a totally different outcome in yours.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back