Torch is closing up help please!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan518
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2023
Messages
66
Reaction score
16
Location
Mountain home
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So came home from work to see my torch semi closed and this strange branch and rather large duster I see and ideas? This is my first torch I've had here so just hoping I shouldn't be worried

20240229_170518.jpg
 
Vermetid snail maybe.
I’d remove that carefully, get the whole thing.
May bother coral.
Pic fuzzy so could be wrong, but, it should not be there anyways.
 
Vermetid snail maybe.
I’d remove that carefully, get the whole thing.
May bother coral.
Pic fuzzy so could be wrong, but, it should not be there anyways.
Correct.

Also looks like the frag is falling over, try and make more vertical
 
So what is the best removal practice? And yes it's a little leaned now I was trying to get a good picture
 
So what is the best removal practice? And yes it's a little leaned now I was trying to get a good picture
If you can take out the frag and remove outside, better.
If not I use needle nose and carefully remove as low as possible.
 
I use a flat tip screwdriver. They are hard shelled, I pry/scrape them off

I also keep bumble bee snails, they eat the ones they find
 
Last edited:
Well pulled it out and got off the ones I could see thinking of a Coral RX dip
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new