Torch lost all its tentacles. Could they regrow?

cleanbuttpotatoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have been looking for articles on my scenario but I can't really find anything similar... I accidentally increased the lights too fast and burned my corals. I have decreased lights by a lot. This is what my torches look like, there is no tentacles left on these but there is still flesh, specially in the purple one. Could they regrow?

Note: please note that the one who has skeleton showing has been showing it like that for almost a year.
IMG_6262.jpeg
IMG_6263.jpeg
IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_6261.jpeg

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have been looking for articles on my scenario but I can't really find anything similar... I accidentally increased the lights too fast and burned my corals. I have decreased lights by a lot. This is what my torches look like, there is no tentacles left on these but there is still flesh, specially in the purple one. Could they regrow?

Note: please note that the one who has skeleton showing has been showing it like that for almost a year.
IMG_6262.jpeg
IMG_6263.jpeg
IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_6261.jpeg
Same thing happened to a bubble tip anemone I had. All of its tentacles vanished, a year of wanting and it never got better, slowly its heath declined. I never could find anything on it.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like it still has some tissue left. Make sure water parameters are met and it should regrow them but it is going to take a while. Do you have other euphyllia in the tank? Or other corals?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

IMG_6262.jpeg
IMG_6263.jpeg
IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_6261.jpeg
yes, but you will have to make sure lights, params, and nutrients are all ideal and that the coral isnt being attacked or stressed

OP
OP
cleanbuttpotatoe

cleanbuttpotatoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like it still has some tissue left. Make sure water parameters are met and it should regrow them but it is going to take a while. Do you have other euphyllia in the tank? Or other corals?
yes, some of my acropolis bleached but not all of them. I also have another torch that does have tentacles, I have zoas that are recovering and a meteor that lost flesh but is now recovering too

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, some of my acropolis bleached but not all of them. I also have another torch that does have tentacles, I have zoas that are recovering and a meteor that lost flesh but is now recovering too
I would just ride it out, eventually it’ll grow more heads and recover the tissue.
it also helps if you add first defense by dr tims to help the coral heal

DD Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious what results everyone had because I am going through the same problem except my torch is splitting into 3 heads and one of the three heads looks like the first picture with no tentacles.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back