Trachy with burrow holes and egg???

Travis Warren

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
910
Reaction score
476
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, I have had this Trachy for about 4 years and in the past month it started loosing flesh and I dipped it for parasites. It had about 8 Flatwoods on the bottom of it and had a couple holes. Today it started loosing more flesh so I decided to try and cut the bad area off of it and see if an Reef Dip. Has anyone run into this issue and I found what looks like an egg. The egg is hard on outside.
17016351897446326858218830771221.jpg
17016352582973662405227516809496.jpg


17016351461272415319300252714491.jpg
 
Looks like a coral-boring bivalve of some kind; to my knowledge, they shouldn't cause any issues in a tank, but it's possible they could.
 
Looks like a coral-boring bivalve of some kind; to my knowledge, they shouldn't cause any issues in a tank, but it's possible they could.
Thanks for the quick response. I looked them up and think you are correct. Reef Builders had a good article but also stated it shouldn't hurt the coral but the coral grows around them. Hopefully I can get this one healed up but I never cut into Trachy before but I think it was my best bet.
20231129_131341.jpg
 
My brightest rainbow Trachy that I have ever seen too. My red rainbow is still thriving.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new