Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take this example. You have the Trident and DOS and are using the auto-correct features. I do not have a Trident or DOS so this is a sample scenario. You are out of town and do not have a tank sitter. At 6AM dKH reads 8.8dKH. You see that and your like sweet. 4 hours later dKH reads 5.65dKH. What happens?

Let's just say the DOS doses however many mls of dKH to bring it back up. BUT, now 4 hours later it test again and it measures 5.65 again? What about it even say measuring 6.10 or something like that.

Is it safe to say that if the Trident/DOS continues to dose in this scenario you may end up nuking your tank?

Please notice this can also be applied to both calcium and magnesium. I would like to know what exactly occurs in a situation like this.

This does happen and has happened with my ghl multiple times while out out of town.

First machine to have this safety wins imo.

Ghl you can shut off the safety “ off dose if alarms” so it will just continues the normal dose and not up the dose for the low reading.

I’ve lost 1,000’s with my ghl mostly pump failure at this point!

Would also like to know how this is handled.

Last edited:

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Atti2de

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. I relocated my Trident but the black tube is lower in the water now. I thought I heard it had to stay the same as before, so do I need to run the set up again? Thanks...

I relocated the batter backup and cut a hole. I know it’s lower than the sump but it is what it is. I have a leak sensor right behind it lol AB0E719B-CBB1-49FA-BDE0-7BB7A1D5F5B2.jpeg 5F091F85-F397-49E4-BACC-9F46616E891E.jpeg 60CCCE8A-C316-497B-88F8-E3678D20A508.jpeg B8E513A3-DC0D-4794-BFC5-B939A206CFD3.jpeg F0F52184-1119-41D2-A4CC-416484EF631A.jpeg

E97CE215-6D19-42C2-B024-149E46A785EB.jpeg

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone setup Alexa to read out Alk Cal and Mag levels? Is that possible now with the trident?

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance that someone from the NSI program who was dosing with dosers other than a DOS could post the Apex program (the one you see when you click Basic View) that controls the dosing based on the Trident values?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but I can’t pass on this, no leak detection? You know Apex has a module for that. Mine went off the other night and saved me a mess. Lol
The trident was on the "beer ledge" of my tank. When I removed the tube (which went up and over the back of the tank) it drained onto the ledge and forward to the front edge of the tank and dripped off onto the floor. All my leak detectors are along the back side of the tank - this was one of those rare circumstances I don't think any leak detection would have helped unless I had them visible along the front edge of the tank.

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you put “beer ledge” in quotes? Do you not put beer on it?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is used more for other things than beer it seems. Also, I didn’t know if that was really a thing.
Why didn't you all install a cup holder, LOL!!!

On the serious, a little off topic but have you all looked into maybe adding a 4th row in fusion for the computer. That way we don't have to scroll down to see everything.

Kindred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with trident controlled 2 part dosing with the DOS, and set alk and calcium to be all day , with alk being adjusted to more during daylight hours, will the system make sure alk and calcium are offset to not dose at the same time or do you have to do that manually somehow?

I love the trident so far! I even like the whirrly-gig noises!

Thanks

Last edited:

Hitch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will it available? This is a joke waited 2 years and still waiting. Thinking about alkatronic.

Bought mine from BRS, it was delivered on Friday. Keep an eye on the online sites, heard shipments are weekly. Think I’d mainly watch BRS and MD.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I heard weekly aswell, I also heard August and June also . The thing is No one from Neptune has said anything of the which . Someone had asked about 20-30 post back but it hasn’t been answered yet .. More insight on Demand would be Great . No Rush but a Straight up answer is all I would like so I don’t want to feel like I need to be checking my emails every so often for the 50 released units

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I heard weekly aswell, I also heard August and June also . The thing is No one from Neptune has said anything of the which . Someone had asked about 20-30 post back but it hasn’t been answered yet .. More insight on Demand would be Great . No Rush but a Straight up answer is all I would like so I don’t want to feel like I need to be checking my emails every so often for the 50 released units

Glad to see I am not alone on the whole scouring my email looking for in stock notifications.

TTNuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No, Terence covered this in his post-launch day video and stated they will be going out regularly/weekly and they decided to stagger them instead of releasing the entire batch at once and then have 2-3 months waiting for the next batch.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, Terence covered this in his post-launch day video and stated they will be going out regularly/weekly and they decided to stagger them instead of releasing the entire batch at once and then have 2-3 months waiting for the next batch.

Ok Thanks for clearing this up . So this is Fact based then and not hearsay assuming. I skimmed through the video and really only been watching this thread so I haven’t seen it .there’s been a couple different conflicting Dates I’ve seen posted on here ,which is why I brought it up . A week ,a month is fine . I just don’t wanna be watching my emails like a hawk . Might be better to have a official answer from Terrence for the ones who didn’t see or watch the video : )

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 120 81.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back