Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure you can reset B and C. But note that it will result in sucking air and getting bad results at some point.

Thanks. I am going on Vacation end of this week so I will be replacing the reagents anyways. Just wondering what to do if this happens again. I would hate to keep throwing out 10+ days worth of Alk reagent every time.

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mr4000!

Do you have the recirc pump off too? Can you elaborate on the "electronic controlled"?
Yes the recirculating pump is off. You can look up Deltec Twin Tech 1500 to get more info on it. It doesn't constantly put CO2 in the reactor it works off a float switch. When it calls for alk the reactor turns on from the electronic box, the float switch fills the chamber with CO2 and it starts making alk and cal just like a normal reactor. You can control how much alk and cal is put into the tank by the control box. When the trident tests and its reached what i have set it shuts the reactor down. I have been doing this for the last 2 months and its worked great. Will this work on a regular reactor i don't know, i would think it would. Another benefit of doing it this way is it keeps my PH higher.

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a new thread but figured I would post this here as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone! I have had my Trident up and running for a couple of months and love it. However, it always seems that my B and C reagents run out before my reagent A. I am running the minimum test of 4x a day. See below. It is showing Reagent C is low with about 30 more tests on Alkalinity(Reagent A). It will not allow me to run any manual Alk tests like this. I was thinking of just resetting the Reagent C but I don't want to run the risk of messing up the trident if this isn't recommended.
If you reset B and C just make sure you have it set to manual and just test Alk, you don't want to test B and C and chance sucking air in like TheHarold said.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh how I would love to participate in this thread!

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second time now I have changed the two month supply and I am left with a lot of reagent B and C left. This time my B and C displayed the error that they were low and needed to be changed. I had 40 tests remaining with my ALK reagent. I put it on manual so I could perform a lot of ALK tests today to use up the A reagent. See pictures below of how much reagent was left. Are the reagents like this or do I have a issue with my Trident?

Reagent C - Magnesium over 50ML left
20200108_203455.jpg

Reagent B - Calcium - around 60ML left
20200108_203611.jpg

Reagent A - Alkalinity- Around 14 tests left when I removed reagent - around 55ML left
20200108_203656.jpg

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
This is the second time now I have changed the two month supply and I am left with a lot of reagent B and C left. This time my B and C displayed the error that they were low and needed to be changed. I had 40 tests remaining with my ALK reagent. I put it on manual so I could perform a lot of ALK tests today to use up the A reagent. See pictures below of how much reagent was left. Are the reagents like this or do I have a issue with my Trident?

Reagent C - Magnesium over 50ML left
20200108_203455.jpg

Reagent B - Calcium - around 60ML left
20200108_203611.jpg

Reagent A - Alkalinity- Around 14 tests left when I removed reagent - around 50ML
20200108_203656.jpg

Are you running the latest firmware? I seem to recall this was addressed earlier which is why I'm asking.

U

User1

View Badges

Thanks. That is really interesting. I know there was a mention a release or two back that said there was a fix or change to help prevent this. The last reagent I replaced there wasn't much left in my case although I didn't measure like you. Just eye balled it. I test 4/2/2.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. That is really interesting. I know there was a mention a release or two back that said there was a fix or change to help prevent this. The last reagent I replaced there wasn't much left in my case although I didn't measure like you. Just eye balled it. I test 4/2/2.

Yeah I test 4/2/2 as well.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the reagents last night and calibrated. I ran the 3 combined tests for precision before calibrating. Since calibrating I ran a combined test last night and one ALK test at 6am this morning. It says I have around 92% left in the reagents but a full 121 tests left?

Should I reset the reagents to 100%?

Screenshot_20200109-083617_Apex Fusion.jpg

Screenshot_20200109-083621_Apex Fusion.jpg

MamaGreenFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I became impatient a few months ago and bought a Trident from third party seller. It worked for a few months no problem, but with the last reagent change it started having problems. First, the reagent wouldn't prime, then said the water wouldn't prime. I cleared lines, made adjustments, started it over, and each time it worked for less time (a few days, then a day, then nothing-never primed). Now, it won't even restart properly...just keeps saying "Initializing..." the start up process, but never finishes. Firmware up to date before all this started. I've heard Neptune won't support third party purchases. I don't care about warranty per se, I just want it fixed and don't know how to get this done. Any information for an issue like this and how to get it fixed? Anyone with similar situation or resolution? Thanks for any and all advice or experience!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I became impatient a few months ago and bought a Trident from third party seller. It worked for a few months no problem, but with the last reagent change it started having problems. First, the reagent wouldn't prime, then said the water wouldn't prime. I cleared lines, made adjustments, started it over, and each time it worked for less time (a few days, then a day, then nothing-never primed). Now, it won't even restart properly...just keeps saying "Initializing..." the start up process, but never finishes. Firmware up to date before all this started. I've heard Neptune won't support third party purchases. I don't care about warranty per se, I just want it fixed and don't know how to get this done. Any information for an issue like this and how to get it fixed? Anyone with similar situation or resolution? Thanks for any and all advice or experience!

Submit a ticket on their support website :). They may suggest some trouble shooting steps or have you send it in for repair. Maybe you’ll get lucky and they won’t ask for a receipt.

Mhumbach

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed the logo light on my trident is green instead of orange. Does this mean anything?

Just Incase this happens to anyone else. If the logo turns green on your trident you need to contact Neptune customer service. I have to send mine back to them

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine hooked up and running today. Extremely excited as I've been wanting one since they came out. I suck at testing. i hate it and always put it off. Now I'll just have to test PO4 and NO3. Hoping the Trident, and in a couple of weeks Trident guided dosing, will help bring stability to this lazy reefers tank :).

Jantom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys where can I buy trident ? Can you send me link . Thank you

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back