Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was nothing disappointing about that live chat. He gave away 2 Tridents, and stated NSI would be notified soon. It’s almost here guys..... Looks like they have been testing the heck out of it in house at Neptune Systems.... GOOD!!! It all means we will get a finished product that works....

I am super excited to start controlling my Calcium Reactor with the data of the Trident. Up until now all I test for is alk. I rarely test for calcium and mag. With all three we can fine tune control even further with Apex programming....

I'm curious as to how I will program the pH range (burn rate of crushed corals) of my CaRx. I suppose if parameters fall, co2 reg on, lower incrementally pH burn range, basically stated... Oh this all sounds like so much fun......

Last edited:

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sasquatch/Unicorn/Loch Ness been hiding in my sump!

Trident.jpg

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vince,

Where do you drain waste too? Bottle?

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The live stream provided the most information to date on the Trident. NSI first round testers should know in the next week or 2 based on what Terence said tonight. I only hope I should be privileged enough to be on that list.

Everything I heard tonight suggests we are in the home stretch.

Don

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with NSI, is this equivalent to beta testing? In the past, what is the typical time frame from NSI to retail?

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with NSI, is this equivalent to beta testing? In the past, what is the typical time frame from NSI to retail?

Yes, similar. Depends on the product and the results. For the Trident, the estimated NSI timeframe is 4-6 weeks for the 1st group and possibly another 4-6 weeks for the 2nd group. Again, all subject to change.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I become a NSI?

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very excited, I hope I am lucky/privileged to be on the nsi list for this one.

I have three active consuming systems to try it on and whenever it's available hope to maybe get one for each.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're saying 4 to 6 weeks out for the first NSI group, another 4 to 6 weeks for the second, and then thorough testing. :( I'd say we're looking at fall before this thing is released.

Brandon

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! If you would like someone who has an Alkatronic to test it, I would love to do it. I’m running a calcium reactor and Triton with two DOS units.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stream Neptune can't wait......great news for the reefing community

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a chupacabra sitting next to my tank...and working away at helping to keep my tank stable.

387c5835d3f6c8fd6fd6c6b1cc976f8f.jpg

Any way we can progam our auto water change dos to auto replace the 15mls or so of SW the trident uses to test. Like have it tied to match the trident. So if we’re ramp up testing frequency it auto adjusts to compensate. Also the vile inside does it ever have to be replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back