Trident Sign Ups

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by Bulk Reef Supply, Jun 6, 2019.

1. siggy

siggy The more I learn the dumber I become R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Thats going above and beyond WTG
    and now...
    I wonder if I can E-Bay my spot on the list :rolleyes: ......... I will email, text or what ever it takes to get the winners attention....too subtle @saf1
    [​IMG]

Wunderpus and saf1 like this.

2. saf1

saf1 Valuable Member R2R Supporter

Lol. My daily @siggy sighting :D And you play the C-130 flare photo - well done. I'm somewhat partial to them since that was the airframe of my last unit. However my heart belongs to the F-15 - 5th Air Force, 18th Wing, in Okinawa (ZZ for life).

On a more serious note I did clear out my voice mail and make a note of the prefix so I don't miss out one day! While I personally do not need a trident I'd wager I would like to have one. So I am ready to buy.

siggy likes this.
  3. leepink23

leepink23 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

The first place I checked was my email and when nothing was there I started questioning myself, lol

4. Snookin

Snookin Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Should have 24hrs to claim. If you are only using phone calls you better have after hour support for calls to claim. Not everyone in your same timezone and many people buy APEX controllers because of their busy schedules and travel habits. 12hrs is not a large enough timeframe to claim imo.

ibondy likes this.
  5. JDnKY

JDnKY Active Member R2R Supporter

This list works! I signed up about 40 minutes after this post was created, my Trident will be here tomorrow.

Thanks @Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply likes this.
  6. coral-boss

coral-boss Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019

hmmm. I signed up less than 5 minutes after this was created and haven't got a call :(

TheHarold, saf1 and Snookin like this.
  7. saf1

I would second this. I was within three minutes and I'm sitting here listening to "Call Me Maybe"...

It is what it is I guess.

TheHarold, Snookin and coral-boss like this.
  8. leepink23

leepink23 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I was about 5 minutes

9. DangerDave

DangerDave Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

I signed up right away too, nothing yet... :(

10. ibondy

ibondy Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I was about 3 minutes and no call from BRS so far.

11. JPK

JPK Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I signed up within the same minute it was posted (10:07 AM PST) on the "Waiting list for Trident" thread and haven't received a call. Looking at the order they are calling people, I assume they are going off a block of names (or something similar), vs exact sign up times. Either that or I was too fast and my info didn't register right. Thankfully this is just a piece of equipment and not a liver ;)

12. saf1

Lol. True - not a heart or liver. Next week though - I may be singing a different song.

ibondy and JPK like this.
  13. Juniorh2r

Juniorh2r Active Member

I signed up let's see what happens

MiamiConnie likes this.
  14. Snookin

The sign up method was a quick decision over reaction to consumers complaints. Should have kept it as first come first serve to order when in stock. This method has the same flaws. It was just first to sign up after seeing an online post this time. And this method doesn’t seem to be following the list based off peoples sign up times.

saf1 likes this.
  15. Snookin

This sign up method also leaves more opportunities for loopholes and people signing up friends and family members to try and secure additional units. Not smart imo

saf1 likes this.
  16. JDnKY

JDnKY Active Member R2R Supporter

Maybe I was wrong about my sign up time. I signed up as so0n as I saw this post. There were no emails confirming signup so I have nothing solid to compare my signup time to this post time. I would never jump line and BRS has no reason to choose me over anyone else. Guess I was quicker than I thought.

saf1 likes this.
  17. saf1

Yep - no idea. All I know is Thursday at 10:07 forum time a post was made to sign up. From that time to 10:10 forum time I had signed up and replied done. At best 3 minutes assuming they posted in the waiting list thread first and no one in between saw it on their portal page. Still would figure I'm in the top 20...

I'm reading a bit much into it but still a bit at odds with regards to the whole cart experience and time outs. So lifting up a glass to next week. Cheers.

JDnKY and Snookin like this.
  18. Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply Valuable Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019

No doubt that this isn't an ideal way to purchase a product and there are indeed some potential loopholes. At the end of the day, we made this move to improve the customer experience. Nothing is worse than ordering a product then getting a call to say that we accidentally sold too many and need to cancel your order or delay delivery. By having a list, we are able to call each person individually and ensure that we sell exactly as many units as we have on hand. Once demand dies down and the Tridents are kept in stock regularly, we'll go back to how other products on our website are sold :)

Maacc, coral-boss, DangerDave and 5 others like this.
  19. Snookin

I completely understand there really isn’t a perfect solution to this for BRS or the other vendors. Just stating my opinion that I liked the former method vs the latter. I buy all my dry goods from BRS and all my livestock from WWC. So glad you guys have partnered. Both best in the business imo.

20. ibondy

ibondy Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Is this perfect, no! But I surely appreciate BRS jumping on this topic and creating a list. I am sure my turn will come and I do not have to chase weekly releases and hope for the best. Thank you BRS, really appreciate your effort in Neptune Systems mess. Now, when is my turn?;Happy

coral-boss, JDnKY and Demonic like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted