Trident Sign Ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats going above and beyond WTG
and now...
Good move BRS.
Signed up. I am seeing all these bozos buy them and list them for $1k+... Lame to buy one if you're just trying to make a buck. Let us hobbyists have a shot!
But I personally am not into my phone so my voice mail will fill up

I wonder if I can E-Bay my spot on the list :rolleyes: ......... I will email, text or what ever it takes to get the winners attention....too subtle @saf1
angelwing-flares.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Thats going above and beyond WTG
and now...

I wonder if I can E-Bay my spot on the list :rolleyes: ......... I will email, text or what ever it takes to get the winners attention....too subtle @saf1
angelwing-flares.jpg

Lol. My daily @siggy sighting :D And you play the C-130 flare photo - well done. I'm somewhat partial to them since that was the airframe of my last unit. However my heart belongs to the F-15 - 5th Air Force, 18th Wing, in Okinawa (ZZ for life).

On a more serious note I did clear out my voice mail and make a note of the prefix so I don't miss out one day! While I personally do not need a trident I'd wager I would like to have one. So I am ready to buy.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the prefix. For what it is worth, and I know this was sort of out of the ordinary so probably ad-hoc what was put in place (not complaining) but it may have helped by sending an email to the person who signed up to acknowledge they got added to the list. Not so much as to their placement but at least some form of indication they are on it. Some may try and add again or call in asking am I on it, etc.

To everyone here on the boards that has signed up. Not sure what sort of phones you are using or how good you are about clearing messages on voice mail. But I personally am not into my phone so my voice mail will fill up and then I get an angry text message from someone important that reminds me to clear my dang voice mail...

Since I believe BRS is going to call and leave a message if not available may be a good time to stay on top of that little bit more. Friendly service reminder since I'm not sure if phone is the only way or if they will also text or email. Clearly we can't have the support team going through hoops but we can at least do our part.
The first place I checked was my email and when nothing was there I started questioning myself, lol

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have 24hrs to claim. If you are only using phone calls you better have after hour support for calls to claim. Not everyone in your same timezone and many people buy APEX controllers because of their busy schedules and travel habits. 12hrs is not a large enough timeframe to claim imo.

JPK

Always learning from others
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed up within the same minute it was posted (10:07 AM PST) on the "Waiting list for Trident" thread and haven't received a call. Looking at the order they are calling people, I assume they are going off a block of names (or something similar), vs exact sign up times. Either that or I was too fast and my info didn't register right. Thankfully this is just a piece of equipment and not a liver ;)

U

User1

View Badges
I signed up within the same minute it was posted (10:07 AM PST) on the "Waiting list for Trident" thread and haven't received a call. Looking at the order they are calling people, I assume they are going off a block of names (or something similar), vs exact sign up times. Either that or I was too fast and my info didn't register right. Thankfully this is just a piece of equipment and not a liver ;)

Lol. True - not a heart or liver. Next week though - I may be singing a different song.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. True - not a heart or liver. Next week though - I may be singing a different song.
The sign up method was a quick decision over reaction to consumers complaints. Should have kept it as first come first serve to order when in stock. This method has the same flaws. It was just first to sign up after seeing an online post this time. And this method doesn’t seem to be following the list based off peoples sign up times.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sign up method was a quick decision over reaction to consumers complaints. Should have kept it as first come first serve to order when in stock. This method has the same flaws. It was just first to sign up after seeing an online post this time. And this method doesn’t seem to be following the list based off peoples sign up times.
This sign up method also leaves more opportunities for loopholes and people signing up friends and family members to try and secure additional units. Not smart imo

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I was wrong about my sign up time. I signed up as so0n as I saw this post. There were no emails confirming signup so I have nothing solid to compare my signup time to this post time. I would never jump line and BRS has no reason to choose me over anyone else. Guess I was quicker than I thought.

U

User1

View Badges
Maybe I was wrong about my sign up time. I signed up as so0n as I saw this post. There were no emails confirming signup so I have nothing solid to compare my signup time to this post time. I would never jump line and BRS has no reason to choose me over anyone else. Guess I was quicker than I thought.

Yep - no idea. All I know is Thursday at 10:07 forum time a post was made to sign up. From that time to 10:10 forum time I had signed up and replied done. At best 3 minutes assuming they posted in the waiting list thread first and no one in between saw it on their portal page. Still would figure I'm in the top 20...

I'm reading a bit much into it but still a bit at odds with regards to the whole cart experience and time outs. So lifting up a glass to next week. Cheers.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sign up method also leaves more opportunities for loopholes and people signing up friends and family members to try and secure additional units. Not smart imo

No doubt that this isn't an ideal way to purchase a product and there are indeed some potential loopholes. At the end of the day, we made this move to improve the customer experience. Nothing is worse than ordering a product then getting a call to say that we accidentally sold too many and need to cancel your order or delay delivery. By having a list, we are able to call each person individually and ensure that we sell exactly as many units as we have on hand. Once demand dies down and the Tridents are kept in stock regularly, we'll go back to how other products on our website are sold :)

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt that this isn't an ideal way to purchase a product and there are indeed some potential loopholes. At the end of the day, we made this move to improve the customer experience. Nothing is worse than ordering a product then getting a call to say that we accidentally sold too many and need to cancel your order or delay delivery. By having a list, we are able to call each person individually and ensure that we sell exactly as many units as we have on hand. Once demand dies down and the Tridents are kept in stock regularly, we'll go back to how other products on our website are sold :)
I completely understand there really isn’t a perfect solution to this for BRS or the other vendors. Just stating my opinion that I liked the former method vs the latter. I buy all my dry goods from BRS and all my livestock from WWC. So glad you guys have partnered. Both best in the business imo.

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this perfect, no! But I surely appreciate BRS jumping on this topic and creating a list. I am sure my turn will come and I do not have to chase weekly releases and hope for the best. Thank you BRS, really appreciate your effort in Neptune Systems mess. Now, when is my turn?;Happy

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back