Trident Sign Ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transparency from the manufacturer or vendors would go a long way. If I was on the list for this product, I'd have a lot more patience if I had an idea of how many were coming in. If it's dozens a week, I'd feel better about waiting. If it's 2, I'd consider other products that have similar features.

I hope supply increases and whoever wants one can get one at MSRP soon.

What if .......... because of huge demand ..... they raise the MSRP in the future? Would u still purchase one? Seems like something a company may consider since there r obviously people willing to pay higher $$$ to get one. Others not. Maybe the current MSRP is a lesser price to get some units out and trialed by daring early adopters? Just some random thoughts / concerns ......

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I sent and received from BRS.
I have to admit I am a bit frustrated with the way the Trident has been handled.
So my email to BRS was not the most polite but, that said I don't think I am way off as well.
So yes hate me for whining, drag me through the couch commando social media mud, I don't care my feeling's will not get bent.
But at the end of the day whiner or not this is was a ridicules way to turn out and distribute a product.

From me.
Quote"

Sent today.

I know this is a daily question. But I guess it’s my turn to ask.
Trident list.
I have been on the call list since the start of it, I have no way of knowing as there has been no confirmation that I am,
I did sign up again the other day, I know you guys frown on multiple entries but…..

By reading on R2R, FishLore, YT, and other social media avenues, I feel as if there may be some preferential treatment going on here,
it seems to be all the big guns have had no issue in being the first in line, and continue to be that way.

I know I am asking for a bit of special treatment here and I am a small fish in the BRS customer pond in comparison to most but dang I have done just under $8,500.00, Worth of business over the past year. Not looking for an exact date but how about the month it will be my turn? unquote"

Quote"
Mark (BulkReefSupply)
Jul 15, 14:43 CDT

Hey Kevin,
Thanks for reaching out to us. You are in fact on the list and we do not do any special treatment as the call out is based on time you signed up. If you have any further questions please let us know. Take care!

Mark
Unquote"

Me again..
I know this truly is not BRS's fault and should not hold them accountable. Barked at the wrong tree here. (Maybe)
But I don't feel I am 100% wrong on my assumptions as well.
The big time social media players across all venues of media had first dibs over us peons, and I get that, I do, it's good for business of the retailers and the manufacturer, to make sure your paid and or free advertisers have something to review and advertise.

But the secracy of all this tells me it may be years before some of us will ever see a unit.
Think about it, if BRS only gets 10 a week and there are 1000 already in line some will be waiting 23 months for the call.
Crazy but true.

I bet I went straight to the last on the list today, lol.

“You are in fact on the list and we do not do any special treatment as the call out is based on time you signed up”
This statement by BRS is part of the problem, as we all know from the responses on this thread, that the order on the list is not based on the time you signed up.

Adam1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to thank BRS for going above and beyond and creating a list to begin with. I am sorry you guys have received such grief over this as it is obviously out of your control. I am proof that they are neither catering to big spenders or deviating from the list as I signed up early on and received a call last Tuesday. I also spend very little money with BRS. For the record I am not writing this because I have received a trident but because many of the above posts are unfair.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think of it like this, by the time we all can get one it will be November and that means Black Friday sales and 10 percent off.

This is not BRS's fault, this is Neptunes fault for the early release with little to no inventory instead of waiting a few more months and building up there inventory.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not BRS's fault, this is Neptunes fault for the early release with little to no inventory instead of waiting a few more months and building up there inventory.

danged if they do, danged if they don't.

People were ready to burn neptune down as it was, now you say they should have waited a few more months? Some people are never happy.

Are your tanks inhabitants going to suddenly die if you don't get a trident? Probably not, so it's a TOY to be added to the list of other toys in this hobby. People have been successfully reefing for years without all these TOY'S.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

People were ready to burn neptune down as it was, now you say they should have waited a few more months? Some people are never happy.

Are your tanks inhabitants going to suddenly die if you don't get a trident? Probably not, so it's a TOY to be added to the list of other toys in this hobby. People have been successfully reefing for years without all these TOY'S.
Do you see me complaining about not having a trident, no, I can wait.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t blame BRS. I’m sure Neptune told them they could not disclose how many are on the list, where you are on the list and how many units are being shipped. Why? If they told us, I’m sure many people who are waiting would go buy another product. By not telling us how few are being delivered, they know we will continue to wait. Neptune is having issues manufacturing this product and getting them to us...that much is clear. I am close to buying something else.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t blame BRS. I’m sure Neptune told them they could not disclose how many are on the list, where you are on the list and how many units are being shipped. Why? If they told us, I’m sure many people who are waiting would go buy another product. By not telling us how few are being delivered, they know we will continue to wait. Neptune is having issues manufacturing this product and getting them to us...that much is clear. I am close to buying something else.
I think you are wrong here. Neptune didn’t tell BRS not to tell people how long the list is or where people stand in line that’s a BRS decision. Also, Neptune isn’t telling any of their distributors when and how many more Tridents are coming on a consistent basis. The reason BRS won’t tell people where they are on the list is because some people do have funds to buy one via 3rd party like ebay but they are trying to get them at MSRP. But, if BRS told one of those people they were number 900 on the list they may just give up today and just spend $1200 on ebay. BRS is hoping supply will increase and they can keep people on the hook long enough to keep their business on this high dollar item.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they should keep increasing the price (Starting at $2000?) until they have excess inventory, and then slowly decrease it when orders die down :)

They would make $$$$$ :eek:

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they should keep increasing the price (Starting at $2000?) until they have excess inventory, and then slowly decrease it when orders die down :)

No need to start at $2k. [emoji1]Current selling price on Ebay is around $1,200. In my point of view that price doesn't warrant the value, but others have different point of view.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to start at $2k. [emoji1]Current selling price on Ebay is around $1,200. In my point of view that price doesn't warrant the value, but others have different point of view.

Wow that's come down a lot since I sold one! :eek:

I know, was kind of joking. Though it is possible they under-priced it

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For me this is not a toy or the latest gadget to just have.
I unfortunately travel for work, more than I want but what should can I do, quit the hobby or my job?
The trident will save me from others having to do my testing, for me.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s a short term business solution. They would lose respect and lifetime customers by charging inflated prices for a hot product.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beleive they may have shipped out around 580 tridents so far? Total. Maybe a few less? Wild educated guess on my part ........... for what it's worth. Could be totally wrong but just guessing from serial numbers. Early shipments where in very low 3000's and currently in high 3500's

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do realize there are other places to buy one than BRS. I had it on my wish list at BRS and at saltwateraquarium.com. I got one of the first releases from saltwateraquarium.com and it was signed by Mr. Saltwater. They actually called me the day it was released and said call us back by 4pm if you still want this. I called and got the device. I am no big fish or whatever people have called it on here or any advertiser on social media. I have spent north of 10K by far with saltwateraquarium.com in the past 6 months as I put this WaterBox 230 build together. I also spent nearly 10K at BRS during that time. So not unlike some that have offered up how much they spent and called themselves “peons”. I will say BRS and most others in the hobby are stand up companies for the most part. Certainly reasonable and customer centric. I stopped in there unannounced once while in MN and they couldn’t have been more accommodating and they never asked my name or looked up my account before offering me a tour and talking Reefing. Even got to meet Randy.
Not sure “the list” has any crooked meaning etc. but then again I have my machine!

Reef on [emoji1320][emoji1320]!!

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my, so today I have been working on my computer.
My windows notifications popped up and it was from Marine Depot.
Now is stock Neptune Trident.
I clicked on the link and it took me right to the Trident page, and I ordered one.
dang it should have ordered all of em, Just kidding..
So one is on its way to me. WooHoo

They only had six units according to the website.
I called after I placed the online order and confirmed, will ship out in the AM.
Don't I feel lucky today.

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my, so today I have been working on my computer.
My windows notifications popped up and it was from Marine Depot.
Now is stock Neptune Trident.
I clicked on the link and it took me right to the Trident page, and I ordered one.
dang it should have ordered all of em, Just kidding..
So one is on its way to me. WooHoo

They only had six units according to the website.
I called after I placed the online order and confirmed, will ship out in the AM.
Don't I feel lucky today.
That is awesome! So there is still hope for me. :)

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is hope. And maybe a little luck may be needed.
Just received my tracking number, It has shipped and should arrive Monday.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back