Trigger Sump Mod for Fleece roller

Jhillreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trigger Sump cr44. Anyway to mod this to get a fleece roller? Has one one used the next section over and did like a Clarasea?

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There was a thread that showed someone mod that sump, I remember as I have that same sump. He basically took a Dremel and cut the top and the inside sox holder.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever find someone with the CR44 or similar modded for the fleece filter?
I started a thread years ago titled, "what do you think if the Klir filter." There was no CR44 at the time, just the sapphire blue, purple, ect...

What someone did, without modifying the top sock plastic, was he went to home depot, bought a square of plexi glass, just pulled out the removable sock tray and made his own tray with the plexi glass. He traced two 4" Klirs to know how to cut the plexi, and 2 4" units fit in perfectly. But it didn't work on anything smaller than the 39, and only the sapphire and purple at that.

Don't know if the CR has the same top setup, but give the thread a look over and see if it'll work for you. IIRC... It was about halfway through the thread. It's a pretty long thread. He shows pics and all.

Someone could make a lot of money if they made a trigger retrofit properly! I spoke to Trigger directly and they're of the philosophy that they prefer their method, where every ounce of water passes through the felt. But the skimmer picks up the rest.

Hope that helps!

Puchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished with the Sapphire 39.

WARNING!!!!!
Don’t look at the pictures If you have a weak stomach for butchered cuts. Trying to find the right tool with the right blade was paramount, very uncomfortable to get the right angle without damage.

There were a few surprise details that caught me by surprise, but otherwise not too bad. I decided to do away with the Down pipe chamber, but I think that’s up to the user. I just didn’t know what else to do with it, what other purpose could it serve.

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5075.jpeg
    IMG_5075.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5068.jpeg
    IMG_5068.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5069.jpeg
    IMG_5069.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5063.jpeg
    IMG_5063.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 119

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back