Triton comes to BRS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Please join us in welcoming our newest products to the Bulk Reef Supply line-up! AND we didn't just bring in the ICP-OES tests either...

We've got the entire method available complete with Core7 Elements, individual elements, Core7 Reef Supplements and Calcium, Alkalinity and Magnesium Increaser!

Last edited:
OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know! I'm very excited to see how it goes on Jason's tank (our current guinea pig tank for Triton!) ;)

We're not changing the BRS160 over right now, but it may be a possibility down the road! We really want to wrap up this Chaeto test and get the data to really tie it together with the Triton Method. :)

-Randy

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know! I'm very excited to see how it goes on Jason's tank (our current guinea pig tank for Triton!)

How many testing tanks do you have?
#BRS160 - Series test with Zeovit
#BRS120 - Lighting test
Vertex Test Stations for BRS investigations
Clown Harem Tank

Sounds like you're taking people's office tanks for guinea pigs :)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do a series on Triton I think there are a few different use cases you could pick from, there have been some flame-outs on R2R
  1. Converting a mature system to Triton
  2. Starting a new system (dry rock, 1" frags)
  3. #2 after it matures (> 1 year or whatever)
  4. Starting a new system but with established rock and adding colonies not frags
I'm guessing 3/4 are similar and 2 is different. Word on the street from some is you'd start #2 using the Triton supplements for people that aren't doing the full Triton method (the other methods supplements) and potentially change to regular supplements after your tank matures. From my rsrc, that's the approach I'd take if I did a Triton tank.

Thanks for carrying this product and looking forward to more videos!

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many testing tanks do you have?
#BRS160 - Series test with Zeovit
#BRS120 - Lighting test
Vertex Test Stations for BRS investigations
Clown Harem Tank
Sounds like you're taking people's office tanks for guinea pigs :)

If you do a series on Triton I think there are a few different use cases you could pick from, there have been some flame-outs on R2R
  1. Converting a mature system to Triton
  2. Starting a new system (dry rock, 1" frags)
  3. #2 after it matures (> 1 year or whatever)
  4. Starting a new system but with established rock and adding colonies not frags
I'm guessing 3/4 are similar and 2 is different. Word on the street from some is you'd start #2 using the Triton supplements for people that aren't doing the full Triton method (the other methods supplements) and potentially change to regular supplements after your tank matures. From my rsrc, that's the approach I'd take if I did a Triton tank.

Thanks for carrying this product and looking forward to more videos!

Haha! Yeah, we "borrowed" Jason's tank (which was once Ryan's 70gal Reef Savvy tank) for the Triton method. Needless to say, he didn't fight it one bit! ;)

These are great ideas for videos! I don't doubt that we will have some sort of intro or product spotlight on Triton in the future! :)

Will there be any videos about triton?

I'm pretty sure we will have something coming out in the future!

-Randy

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys getting your own testing rig? My only complaint about Triton is the test turn-around time to Europe!

Ryan does like to buy the top of the line testing equipment, but I imagine that these machines are a bit out of our price range to bring in! :p

I was actually surprised by how quick the turn around was for the tests I sent in for the BRS160! Maybe a week or so? I was expecting much longer.

BUT... They are currently building a testing facility in LA, so this turn-around time will be a thing of the past! ;)

-Randy

Last edited:

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS already released one very good Triton video... not really 'brstv', but excellent!

I'm fixing to start up a brand new reef, and plan to use the Triton system, eventually. Going to use Red Sea's method to get the tank up and running, and migrate to Triton as I start to need Calk/Alk supplementation.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS
Randy, do you know if the triton salt will be available any time soon?

Yes, please... Tropic Marin seems to be an acceptable option, as well, but neither are available from BRS. Looked into your HW Marinemix, but I can't find any opinions on using this for a Triton system tank.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coincidentally I was using Tropic Marin pro reef prior to Triton. Everything was in the green with the exception on Mg and cal 1460/474, a little high for my liking being balanced with my low alk, but it seems to be a fair substitute. However I'd like to have some Triton salt on hand in case I need to change some water. I would think it may be a little less elevated in those areas. If not, it is what it is. It works

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS
Randy, do you know if the triton salt will be available any time soon?

I was just talking to Triton US here at RAP NY and found that the Triton pure salt is being replaced with a 2.0 version. I'm not sure if we'll bring this one in or not, but I'll be sure to ask Zack who helps make these decisions! :)

-Randy

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spoke to Zack about this and he did say we have some on order! Keep your eyes on the site for them soon! :)

-Randy
From my understanding the Triton "Pure" salt is for temporary use. Is Triton coming out with a salt mix for everyday use?

Regards, GoVols

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding the Triton "Pure" salt is for temporary use. Is Triton coming out with a salt mix for everyday use? Regards, GoVols

Unfortunately we don't get all the "inside baseball" from Triton and what they're up to. :( Hopefully we may know more about this soon. :)

-Randy

Last edited:
Back