Triton plus ATS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running an algae scrubber and I am really thinking about moving over to triton. I've got 190g (water volume) and with my stand situation it would be really hard for me to hit the target refugium size, so I'm stuck with the ATS. What are the recommendations for running trition with an ATS? I know the triton method counts on the macro algae breaking down to provide carbon to the tank, would it be best to start carbon dosing with it since you don't want to let algae on the ATS to break down?

@Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run an ATS no problem also Carbon dosing is no problem with Core7, to be on the safe side I would recommend you use Core7 Reef Supplements for Other Methods.

OP
OP
P

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run an ATS no problem also Carbon dosing is no problem with Core7, to be on the safe side I would recommend you use Core7 Reef Supplements for Other Methods.

Would you recommend to dose carbon or would it not be needed, specifically for triton?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would depend on how your ATS is performing, if the ATS can handle the system nutrients then there will be no need for carbon dosing.

OP
OP
P

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sounds good. I was mainly asking in relation to the triton method that counts on some of the macro algae breaking down to release carbon back in to the system. At least that's how I understood it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back