Triton questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay because of my refugium size (7.4 gallons out 100 total) , I think I have to go with other methods. I have a few questions and would appreciate some advice.

1. Is there a manual for other methods?
2. Should I continue to dose vodka?
3. I am running a refugium, should I lose the filter socks?
4. Will I need to continue water changes?
5. I see I should start off with 2ml per 26 gallons which for me is 8ml. I will be using a evo 4 dosing Pump. How best to program the doser 1 ml 8x a day 2ml 4x a day.....etc etc

Basically do I just follow the full Triton method with the only change being that I use the forbither methods version?

KevinRosso

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you should follow Triton Method while using other methods. Seperate doses by 20 min for each bottle.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay because of my refugium size (7.4 gallons out 100 total) , I think I have to go with other methods. I have a few questions and would appreciate some advice.

1. Is there a manual for other methods?
2. Should I continue to dose vodka?
3. I am running a refugium, should I lose the filter socks?
4. Will I need to continue water changes?
5. I see I should start off with 2ml per 26 gallons which for me is 8ml. I will be using a evo 4 dosing Pump. How best to program the doser 1 ml 8x a day 2ml 4x a day.....etc etc

Basically do I just follow the full Triton method with the only change being that I use the forbither methods version?

1) At the moment there is no manual just for Core7 Reef Supplements (Other Methods) as the usage is exactly the same, we are working on one though...
2) Yes continue doing what you are dosing, Core7 does not replace your carbon source.
3) Removing the filter socks will improve the efficiency of your algae bed, but also increase visible particle until the algae bed in dense enough to perform the same task, up to you.
4) ICP testing will tell you if/when to perform any water tests..
5) Try to spread the doses throughout the day if possible, leave at least 5 mins between each solution to prevent reactions, dose into and area of HIGH flow.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back