Triton test result = 0 iodide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton test came back with 0 iodide. All my corals look fine. I harvest about a gallon of chaeto a week. I've got a 180 gallon tank with a 40 breeder sump. I dose 8ml of the core a day with a fairly light acro load. Should I bother correcting if everything looks good?

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. It's said to not matter but I bought some seachem iodine and a Salifert test kit. I just keep it readable now. Not sure of the overall value of these trace elements collectively, but I do believe I've seen improvement overall since started tweaking.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can if you want to, if you see an improvement then continue, if you don't then don't.....

I had the same issue. It's said to not matter but I bought some seachem iodine and a Salifert test kit. I just keep it readable now. Not sure of the overall value of these trace elements collectively, but I do believe I've seen improvement overall since started tweaking.
Just be careful with home Iodine test kits as they can be woefully inaccurate when dealing with very low levels and Iodine is not something you want to overdose particularly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back