Triton with a calcium reactor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just before I decided to try triton I bought a calcium reactor. I want to be on full triton just minus the alk and calcium that my reactor is providing. Is anyone else in a similar pickle? Or should I abandon my calcium reactor? Thoughts?

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
We run 2 reeftanks at work without WC, with algae refugiums, and with calcium reactors. So like Triton but calcium reactors instead of Core7. We use the additives from Triton to adjust the elements when it's needed.

This has worked well for us a couple of years. Have a look at my build thread for more info. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/1...um-aquarium-sweden.329812/page-3#post-4353076

/ David

How often do you find elements low with just the reactors?

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you find elements low with just the reactors?

Hard to say exactly. Ca we might correct once a year with some CaCl. Boron we dose extra every day(about 20ml/day). K and Sr we add some from time to time. But overall it's not that much we need to add. I have all the data at work so I can give you more exact numbers tomorrow.

We run 4 different coral systems, all with different corals and fish, and all with different type of way to manage the water parameters. So I don't have it all in my head :)

/ David

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting sounds like you are running very similar systems to mine! I just got my last icp and in 30 days they want me to dose 20liters of sulphur I guess I need to get on a dosing regiment and figure this thing out

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back