Troubleshooting RODI pressure gage

WGivens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Recently purchased a RODI unit with a TDS measure and pressure gage and as so many other threads and questions I have seen, the initial set up is giving me some trouble and would love some insight.

The unit is a 4 stage BRS RODI unit. I believe I set it up correctly, but could be wrong, but for some reason the pressure gage is reading extremely low. Now, I am not completely convinced it’s the pressure coming from my water source as I have done some testing that seems to have the pressure going into the system. I removed the red line from the “t” adaptor and I would say the water was very strong. I removed all tubes from the system at different points and still nothing. I have used the flush value, by running it for 30 mins then turning it on and off 10* times, then blowing in it. I have removed all the cartridges and checked to make sure they are upright. Still nothing. I realize that water isn’t getting to the last stage of DI resin, and all coming out the waste line, with a lot of pressure. Would love if anyone had any suggestions or idea what it could be, before I go and by a booster, something I’m not sure is the true solutions.

Any insight would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

EB2660BC-13B3-4FCA-BC77-736CB7A5C5CE.jpeg D4BC781A-0692-46E4-BA94-D900FEE5580C.jpeg 1EAA44B1-8EE5-4907-BD49-D655FBF6BFE3.jpeg 4ADFB7CB-099B-4A70-B61B-2BFAC76E9ADA.jpeg 11716764-5B53-40E0-B309-EBB52C07BFA4.jpeg

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pressure gauge is on the waste line. It should be on the black line.

The colors are usually black as input, red as waste out, blue as clean out.

OP
OP
WGivens

WGivens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

rhildinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're having the same problem I had with mine when I first got it from BRS. When you look at the pressure gauge, is the dial pressed up against the glass slightly on the left side? If so take a wrench and firmly grip the nut on the botton of the gauge and rotate it slightly counter-clockwise as if you are trying to loosen it. The dial should rotate with the nut, so just rotate the nut enough to make dial sit exactly parallel to the gauge window. That fixed it for me. Let me know if this helps...

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HuduVudu Thanks for the response. Not sure if that’s the case for this one (based off this link https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstructions/brsRODI/4-stage-water-saver-2017.pdf) the waste line is the black and the red line is the intake. I see there are some different set ups with different coloring.

93433E49-9D0E-4503-AC53-FB2F1AE4B9B5.jpeg
On closer look at your set up you are correct because the two outputs will be together, and the input will be a single.

I agree with @rhildinger you should check that. Also you should isolate the input to test for input pressure only. It looks like there is an auto shut off valve. Remove that from the system so that you can test input pressure directly. Push to fit make things so much easier. :)

OP
OP
WGivens

WGivens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're having the same problem I had with mine when I first got it from BRS. When you look at the pressure gauge, is the dial pressed up against the glass slightly on the left side? If so take a wrench and firmly grip the nut on the botton of the gauge and rotate it slightly counter-clockwise as if you are trying to loosen it. The dial should rotate with the nut, so just rotate the nut enough to make dial sit exactly parallel to the gauge window. That fixed it for me. Let me know if this helps...

@rhildinger thanks for this. Definitely worked for adjusting the gauge. Sadly, it didn’t work for the third chamber. So the gauge reads higher at 45 psi now, not the di resin chamber isn’t filling up and the water pressure is still coming from the waste line pretty hard. One step fixed it seems another to figure out. Thanks for the insight.

OP
OP
WGivens

WGivens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help guys, I figured it out. The flush flow valve was on backwards (smh). Silly me... got the PSI up to 75 now, and a much lower pressure / amount coming from the waste line. Oh man, now I can go back to sleep. Lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back