T's Rescaped Custom Cube

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This setup is about 1.5 years old now and is growing and healthy. I've been having some issues with pale corals and am working on that. I've also been "cooking" this huge rock I managed to zip tie and putty together to use in my aquarium. I cooked this rock for around 5 months and the phosphates weren't coming down fast enough so I decided to grab a phosban reactor, add the rock to my tank, and hope for the best.

Day 2 after having the new rock in the tank and the phosphates jumped up to .37. Not good at all. I added the phosban reactor the next day and took some results a few days later. After 3 days the phosphates are down to .1. Tested a day later and down to .09.

I will continue to test daily for phosphates to make sure Im not stripping them all out. So far I've noticed a few pieces of SPS are coloring up really quickly.

Having such a small footprint with this new setup is great. To get any detritus out all I have to do now is slide the main rock forward a little. This is where all of it builds up now.

I still need to glue down a few frags but other than that everything is looking good so far.

jbqtQ2uvRz4mKw.JPEG

jDOFhUq5Y0O2b.JPEG

jWXJHmqOt0kCM.JPEG

jQCgB70CqeYsV.JPEG

jbrXUJlMTifnq.JPEG

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank crash a few months ago because of some rock I added to the system. Everything is recovered now and is healthy other than the diatoms Im getting on the ceramic rock. Some people have reported of the rock leaching silicates into the system which explain why the rock is covered in diatoms. It actually looks like its getting better now though which is a good sign. None of the corals have been affected by this luckily.

My fish and zoas were unaffected by my crash while I lost every piece of SPS. I added a cheap frag of SPS after getting things settled to make sure I was ready to get back into it. Since then I've added some of my favorite pieces. I have a few spots left to fill which I will add in the near future.

Here are some pictures of what I have now. As you can see, the zoas have been doing very well.

B94lzcW.jpg

tZyp8MU.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back