Tunze auto top off 3155 sensor not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ks525

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They use an infrared LED and infrared receiver, these parts do fail with age, they are on 24/7. While they are "the same" provided they are made after 2015, they vary slightly in voltage signal and for this reason when a sensor is replaced, the circuit board needs to be calibrated to the new sensor. We do have sensors back in stock, they are $29.49 installed.
Thank You. Is the information detailed above (from January) still accurate for sending you the repair?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, please send only the controller with sensors, no magnets or other components, this makes a huge difference in shipping costs and the other parts are not needed. Include a note with contact and return info in the box.

grizzwald39

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Roger,

My tunze seems to be going through a similar problem is it okay if i use information above to send to you.

Thanks

Grizz

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is fine, please try to send only the components critical to repair, this makes a huge difference on shipping costs. In most cases we only need part 5017.000.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, all parts are in stock now. Be sure to include your contact and return info in the box.

Lunaticsoup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, all parts are in stock now. Be sure to include your contact and return info in the box.
Hi I was just googling same problem and came across you. Could I join in sending my ato? I saw your note about the box to send in etc just wondering on payment info. TIA- Jill

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi I was just googling same problem and came across you. Could I join in sending my ato? I saw your note about the box to send in etc just wondering on payment info. TIA- Jill
Just PM Roger and he'll take care of you. I just sent mine in and it was back to me within a week. Awesome service!

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am having a problem with my tunze ATO. I was searching solutions and found this thread... My issue is different...

My sensor says water to low... but the pump won't turn on? System is 2 months old and was working fine previously. I cleaned the eye adn have the bucket filled with water... Before this happened the water in bucket was low and it had no water to pull. When I push low the alarm does go off... When I submerge the eye the reading stays at too low?

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am having a problem with my tunze ATO. I was searching solutions and found this thread... My issue is different...

My sensor says water to low... but the pump won't turn on? System is 2 months old and was working fine previously. I cleaned the eye adn have the bucket filled with water... Before this happened the water in bucket was low and it had no water to pull. When I push low the alarm does go off... When I submerge the eye the reading stays at too low?
I rebootd working just fine...

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too low is controlled by a timer, the only way to reset too low is to power cycle it, it means the pump ran 10 continuous minutes.

CLew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger,

Thought I sent a PM earlier but I can't find it so I'll just tag along here. My optical sensor seems to be having intermittent issues lately. I'll notice that the water level is well below the sensor but the 5017 controller thinks water level is fine. If I squirt the optical sensor with water or wipe it down, it'll kick start the pump. I've never had this issue before and I've been running this 3155 for about three years. Any ideas or can I send it in?

Thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would always start by removing the optic sensor from the magnet and soaking it in white vinegar for about 1 hour, wipe it with a soft towel afterwards, make sure it is shiny clean on all sides.

beek1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in with sensor problem. Ok if I send sensor to your address for repair? Thank you!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but please send only part 5017.000, this is the controller with sensors, no magnets, no other parts, this reduces the risk of lost parts, damage and greatly cuts shipping costs.

Include all contact and return info in the box.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, we moved May 1-

2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda, TX 78610

DO NOT USE THE OLD ADDRESS

Back