Tunze nano 640 stopped working after cleaning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about 3 years old or so. I installed it after cleaning it last night and it was working. This morning it was off and I could not get it to work. The lights on the control were on but no spinning. I removed it to fiddle with it, removed/ reseated the impeller, etc, when I plugged it would try to start here and there but mostly not. I was able to get it going for a few seconds and then right after that everything went dead, no more lights on the controller no power.

When I originally re-installed it, I did drop the power supply on a wood floor from about two feet accidentally. But it worked right after that.

Is the power supply bad? please help?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be, the power supplies have some safety components inside, a fuse and a thermal contact that can break from a hard drop, but two feet isn't that big a deal usually. Do you have a voltmeter, or another 6040, 3155, 3152, 8811, 8821, 8831, these all use the same power supply and could be used to troubleshoot the power supply.

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I do not have another compatible power supply. And I would also be surprised if a 2' drop would damage it.

I may be able to use a voltmeter, how should I use that and what number/ reading should I be looking for to confirm?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The inner tip (hole) is the positive, outer is the negative, the output should be 12V DC

OP
OP
J

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. So of that checks out at 12V, I assume that the control/pump is bad?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and it does have a 2 year warranty, do make sure the propeller pulls out easily and leaves a metal shaft behind centered in the motor, the most common issue is a seized impeller, it will seize to the shaft that it should spin on.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back