Tunze nanostream 6040 flashing lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently bought this pump to put in my 12G cube in a dead area behind the rocks. It was working fine for a few days then one morning I go to check on the tank and the pump isn't running and the blue knobs are flashing blue. I checked the booklet and couldn't find any troubleshooting section and there wasn't any info online about this pump either.
Has anyone seen this before?
.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually this indicates a power overload and there are two usual culprits.

1) The drive unit is jammed, remove the drive unit and check for any sand or fine debris. The usual cause after months of use is calcium deposits and this can be the cause very quickly if calcium or buffer is dosed near the pump, in a short time like a few days though, the main culprit is sand and debris jamming the pump.

2) Make sure the right power supply is being used, the correct power supply is labeled Tunze 5012.010.

Roger

MillennialReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently bought this pump to put in my 12G cube in a dead area behind the rocks. It was working fine for a few days then one morning I go to check on the tank and the pump isn't running and the blue knobs are flashing blue. I checked the booklet and couldn't find any troubleshooting section and there wasn't any info online about this pump either.
Has anyone seen this before?
.jpg
The same exact thing happened to me! After having the pump for over a year and thoroughly cleaned it. I sent it to Tunze for repair and they fixed it, its as good as new!

OP
OP
Benga

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually this indicates a power overload and there are two usual culprits.

1) The drive unit is jammed, remove the drive unit and check for any sand or fine debris. The usual cause after months of use is calcium deposits and this can be the cause very quickly if calcium or buffer is dosed near the pump, in a short time like a few days though, the main culprit is sand and debris jamming the pump.

2) Make sure the right power supply is being used, the correct power supply is labeled Tunze 5012.010.

Roger

#1 bingo! After reading your comment i went to poke around. I'm not entirely sure what was jamming it because i was only able to fiddle around with it by using long tweezers but after giving the propeller a decent nudge it started spinning back up.

The same exact thing happened to me! After having the pump for over a year and thoroughly cleaned it. I sent it to Tunze for repair and they fixed it, its as good as new!

Managed to get it running but if it keeps happening on pulse mode then I'm going to have to send it in for repair. I have it in a tight spot that's hard to get at..

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The propeller assembly is only held in by a magnetic field, if it stops again, I would remove the pump, remove the propeller assembly and rinse it, in general it would be best to do this anyway as any grit in the pump will cause accelerated wear of the parts.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea keep your pumps clean, lol.
Could not resist showing this pic Roger.
6095 before I pulled it and removed all coralinne.
Their was coralline covering the inside and edge of the impeller slot.
Also the flow has increased after cleaning, imagine that.

This is just a testament as to how well Tunze pumps hold up.
This pump has been in the same place for 2.5 years.
I do a basic clean every 2-3 months.
20211207_155250.jpg

OP
OP
Benga

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pump was brand new out of the box which is why I thought it was defective maybe or was spitting an error code. It was first day woes with it but glad y'all knew the resolution.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, keep me posted if it happens again.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back