Tunze Osmolator Nano issues!

Vampireshark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Tunze Osmolator Nano ato and am having issues with it that I hope somebody on here can help me with.

It is set up in a 20ish gallon sump at floor level that feeds into a 75 gallon reef, with the reservoir about 2-3 feet away, also at floor level. The ato will work great for about 3 days and then quits! If I unplug the unit for a few seconds, then plug it back in, it will work great for another 3 days. Anybody know what is going on with it? Please help, I am about to leave on vacation for 8 days and don't want to come back to a fried pump or worse.
Thank for the help,
VampireShark

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. I run the 3155. Does the nano and 3155 use the same pump? It's a low voltage (6V) pump. Is it plugged into a regular outlet or is it plugged into a contolers energy bar, like an Apex? I ask because some of the outlets are digital and malfunctions can occur when low voltage equipment is plugged into them.
I would also call Tunze if it were me.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you might be exceeding the timer. If your tank evaporates a lot before needing to be refilled, it will only fill for 90 secs and then shut off. Factory settings are only good for up to a 26 gallon tank.

Scroll to page 14 for a tank larger than 26 gallons.

https://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/gebrauchsanleitungen/x3152.8888.pdf

OP
OP
Vampireshark

Vampireshark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you might be exceeding the timer. If your tank evaporates a lot before needing to be refilled, it will only fill for 90 secs and then shut off. Factory settings are only good for up to a 26 gallon tank.

Scroll to page 14 for a tank larger than 26 gallons.

https://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/gebrauchsanleitungen/x3152.8888.pdf

That's what I thought also, so I set the time to 14 minutes to see if that helped, (I have never seen the ATO run for 14 minutes) but it did not help. I an so confused and a bit frustrated as I am leaving nest weekend. Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you have any other suggestion.
VampireShark

OP
OP
Vampireshark

Vampireshark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird. I run the 3155. Does the nano and 3155 use the same pump? It's a low voltage (6V) pump. Is it plugged into a regular outlet or is it plugged into a contolers energy bar, like an Apex? I ask because some of the outlets are digital and malfunctions can occur when low voltage equipment is plugged into them.
I would also call Tunze if it were me.
I believe it is the same pump. I have it plugged into a regular wall outlet now. It was plugged into a controller but it did it on that also. I will call Tunze, but it is the weekend right now. Thank you for your input.
VampireShark

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back