OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's fall, finally. 50s at night now so it's bon fire weather. The turtle whiskey tastes like a pecan pie with chocolate syrup... yea, it's that dangerous...
20171021_225219.jpg

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MamaLovesHerReefTank just saw you are from Canada. Do you have issues getting stuff for your tank?
I can get what I need but once I figure in the shipping, duty and exchange rate, it sometimes becomes too expensive to order. It also takes twice as long to get it shipped.

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get what I need but once I figure in the shipping, duty and exchange rate, it sometimes becomes too expensive to order. It also takes twice as long to get it shipped.
I do have a bit of an advantage over some in Canada. I am right across from Detroit and they have a place called My Detroit Mailbox. We can get things shipped there much cheaper then drive across the bridge or take the tunnel to go pick it up. Saves a good chunk of change on shipping. I try to order a bunch of items at once so I spend enough for the free shipping.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned up one of my 4" PVC couplings from the QT tank and I'm using it as a pedestal for the skimmer. It's still overflowing, but not near as bad as it was. Still putting micro bubbles into the water, but better to break it in now while we are still cycling.
20171022_175728.jpg

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The debris on the left , led me to believe I was looking at a rodent. I just can't disconnect from work.

I guess it's the hitmas life.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The debris on the left , led me to believe I was looking at a rodent. I just can't disconnect from work.

I guess it's the hitmas life.

That's sand that washed down from the tank. And that piece of scallop I threw in there... I need to get the shop vac and suck that sand out of there. I'll do it once the cycle finishes and I'm ready for a water change.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Summoning my inner Jean-Luc Picard*

Captains log, star date 2017.294;
Cycle is coming along nicely. Ammonia has dropped to 2.0ppm, Nitrite has spiked to at least 5.0ppm, its off the standard issue scale provided by the federation. Dr. Crusher should have the bacteria colony finished today. I'll have Warf assemble a team to deploy it. Geordi assures me the proton skimmer will level itself out soon, I trust his engineering expertise. Data has been keeping track of all parameters.
20171023_134453.jpg
Screenshot_20171023-135608.jpg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back