Two Weeks to Get Your Jelly On!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mudbugmike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depending on where you ordered t, it may or may not comes with the new Flex series.
This kits by default do not yet come with Flex-Series RFGs, but may come with our new Flex Series 25mm pipe adapter.

Since there is still stock out there that are in both ways, it's hard to know for sure. When you get it, reach out to us and we'll be happy to help you get it setup the ay you want - regardless of where you purchased

Beginning by the end of January, all or flow kits will be configured with Flex-Series RFGs

As far as "warping", the Flex-Series actually do flex a bit in high-flow scenarios (anything above the suggested optimal flow ratings). it is actually one of their features. the small deflection you see in the RFG Flex as it randomizes, effectively widens the flow pattern.

You can see this effect in this vide around the 1:15 mark

I think you may have misunderstood me. If I were to purchase that kit I linked right this minute from your website would I be receiving all new TPU parts?

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these offer any benefits over hard plastic other than novelty? Were these tested over an extended period of time? Will they eventually sag, warp or even fall off their press fittings?

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may have misunderstood me. If I were to purchase that kit I linked right this minute from your website would I be receiving all new TPU parts?
Right now they do not - all our pre-configured flow kits (like the one you linked to) are still offered with the OG Rigid RFGs. however, we are transitioning and re-configuring our Flow kits to the Flex material where it makes sense. for instance, all flow kits by early next year will feature Flex-Series RFG as well as flex-Series adapters and fittings. Loc-Line parts will remain rigid, since we don't manufacture those parts.

With that said, you can build any of our pre-configured kits with flex, since we do offer all of our adapters, and fittings as well as the RFG and Loc-Line separately. And we are happy to help you do that if it's something you are interested in.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these offer any benefits over hard plastic other than novelty? Were these tested over an extended period of time? Will they eventually sag, warp or even fall off their press fittings?
There are many advantages of that Flex Series offer over the rigid models.

We outline some of them on this thread

One thing they both share however is the flow they create. both the rigid and the flex series share the same patented internal design that the RFG is known for and both create the same randomization effect.

Beyond that, the Flex offers a few key advantages

1 - Extreme Durability
The Flex series may be the most durable piece of equipment you may add on your tank. it is, in orders of magnitude,
more durable than the OG Rigid RFG, simply because it is impossible to break, crake or snap.

2 - More compatible
Because it's not rigid, and does not require a specific size and shape of connector, the flex series can simply stretch and conform to different styles of modular hose. It no longer requires genuine Loc-Line and has the ability to connect to any modular hose of similar size. One of the biggest challenges with the OG Rigid Model was that it had to be genuine Loc-Line or one of our adapters otherwise it simply wouldn't fit, and could possible break when trying to force it on to non-Loc-Line branded hose.

3 - Better Flow
For a couple of reasons some of which include a smoother finish for less friction, the RFG-Flex Series have better throughput. As much as 5% to 10% more. We've actually had reports of users who've upgraded that ultimately had to turn their return pumps down because the new model is allowing far more flow to go through

4 - Wider Flow Pattern
In high flow scenarios, the nozzle actually flexes slightly causing the flow pattern to widen out even more. This has the effect of making a more wavemaker like motion in the tank which ultimately can actually move a larger volume of water throughout the tank.

There are other advantages such as the Flex is easy to clean, but those are the main 4 that I think most users will see the most advantages

>>Were these tested over an extended period of time
We have been personally using the RFG Flex Series in our own tanks for upward of 9 months now. Both before and during the in-tank testing. We did put the RFG flex through a series of tests including chemical tests such as a three day soak in 50/50 bleach solution, straight vinegar, and one test 3-day with high concentration citric acid - all three tests had zero effect on the material.

We also did extensive UV testing with the particular material that we're using which included leaving them under UV heat lamps for periods of time. We also ran a test her eint eh Arizona Summer where we placed a few out on a brick wall during the entire summer – at the end of wich the RFG nozzle was the same as the day we set it out there, all be it, a bit more dusty.

EDIT - forgot to add, that during the tank testing, we ran a number of ICP testes both before and during. We watched carefully for any changes or anomalies in the results, and saw nothing that wasn't expected.

>> Will they eventually sag, warp or even fall off their press fittings
to date we have not had any reports of this, and we do not expect this to be an issue.
Material is extremely durable and resilient, and resistant anything it may encounter in the reef tank.

As far as holding on to the fittings, we've put them through a number of tests including ultra high flow tests with as much as 3 ot45 times the Suggested Optimal flow rating for each nozzle.

With that said, we did reengineer the he connectors and all the flex series nozzles. Although they share the same internal design as the OG Rigid Models, the connectors are different

Hopefully that answers all of your questions period however should you have a few more or always happy to answer any questions you might have regarding our products

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back