Ungrateful jerks

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an amazing colorado sunburst bta... and my clownfish couldn't care less. Will it burn their retinas if they get close to it since it's so bright?

I am interested in seing what all your clownfish decided to host, or not host. Feel free to post your favorite pictures.

Attachments

• 20230630_102514.mp4
    32.4 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have an amazing colorado sunburst bta... and my clownfish couldn't care less. Will it burn their retinas if they get close to it since it's so bright?

I am interested in seing what all your clownfish decided to host, or not host. Feel free to post your favorite pictures.
I have 4 BTA anemones and 10 clowns and not one will go near the nems. Not a matter of ungrateful but what what they feel comfortable with even if it means hiding in a corner all day.
Mine go into hairy mushrooms and occasionally toadstools

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 BTA anemones and 10 clowns and not one will go near the nems. Not a matter of ungrateful but what what they feel comfortable with even if it means hiding in a corner all day.
Mine go into hairy mushrooms and occasionally toadstools
I don't think I would be able to watch something like that without wanting to pull my hair out.

VegasReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lightning Maroons hosts in bubble tips all day long in my lagoon.
Snow Storm hosts in a big orange yumas and completely ignores the CSB in my mixed reef.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full panic mode earlier today when I took out their Hammer to frag some heads underneath that weren't getting any light.

20230630_142937.jpg

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me over two years to get my clowns to host. I eventually gave up and one day came home from work and they were wiggling inside the anemone lol.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my clowns would rather be hosted in a powerhead or acropora than a anemone. If you really want a fish to be hosted, skunk clowns are nearly certain.

CB stuff just doesn't know. ...like how my captive bred rabbitfish has no idea how to eat even Ulva or other algaes that wild rabbitfish devour with gusto.

TigNJaxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying a new BTA. They seem to just not like something in my tank. finally have my maroon clowns and she is hosting. However, after a few weeks of her hosting, the BTS moved to a spot under a shelf of rocks and doesn't look as well as it did. The clown still stays by the BTA, but it continues to shrink. I thought the hosting clown would help keep him happy. Trying to stay optimistic, but hope I'll not going to lose this one as well. I hear lighting and flow, I also read they they will move to a good spot., but they don't. *sigh* and yes parameters are good. Maybe I'll lower my lighting some? IDK

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have two in my bigger DT that I gave a happy healthy green BTA to! They loved it! Then the female got too rough with it and almost killed the nem! Had to move it back to my other tank and my maroon pair was more than happy to nurse it back to health. Freaking clowns

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back