Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you connect a heater to these?
You can but heaters use up ALOT of power and will drain the battery quick. If you live in a warm area,your temp shouldn't drop too quickly. You want to connect the essentials to hold the tank till you can connect a generator or power goes back online.
If you have to connect your heater, you would need to connect your return if its in your sump. You would need to get one that has a much much higher capacity. The higher the capacity, the more it costs.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, can you please repeat your test?

Did more runs:
-The second run with a 5W wavemaker actually ran for about ~7 hours, 30 more than the first run. This might from silencing the alarm from the start.
-Because of the discrepancy, I did a third run, again ~7 hours with the alarm silenced.
-And finally a forth run with some equiptment plugged into the nonbackup slots, ~7 hours.

Pretty happy with the results and hopefully the battery doesnt go bad quickly and works during a long power outage! Gonna turn the alarm back on, its pretty loud.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Did more runs:
-The second run with a 5W wavemaker actually ran for about ~7 hours, 30 more than the first run. This might from silencing the alarm from the start.
-Because of the discrepancy, I did a third run, again ~7 hours with the alarm silenced.
-And finally a forth run with some equiptment plugged into the nonbackup slots, ~7 hours.

Pretty happy with the results and hopefully the battery doesnt go bad quickly and works during a long power outage! Gonna turn the alarm back on, its pretty loud.

Those are some good numbers. I dont have a 5W load to test with but wonder what yield I would get out of mine with such small load.

OP
OP
Goodair

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow up from February 2019, I got ~4 hours of run time, so the UPS battery is 1.5 years old.
Unit used is the CyberSurge ST900U

Last edited:

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the unit I will be getting next month
Screenshot_20200805_154814_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Description
1500VA/900 Watts UPS system - Protects PCs, workstations, and home entertainment systems. Prevents data loss and protects electronic equipment from harmful power problems. Line interactive - Corrects brownouts and overvoltage without using battery power. GreenPower UPS, reduces energy consumption up to 75%. Updated design and new features include: additional outlets, easy to read LCD control panel, accident-proof On/Off power button and sleek case design. 12 Outlets: (6) Battery Backup & Surge Protected Outlets, (6) Surge Protected Outlets Energy Star Qualified - Mini-Tower Form Factor - 3 Year Warranty
Features & details
  • 1500VA/900W Intelligent LCD Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System
  • 12 NEMA 5-15R OUTLETS: (6) Battery Backup & Surge Protected Outlets, (6) Surge Protected Outlets safeguard desktop computers, workstations, networking devices and home entertainment equipment
  • MULTIFUNCTION LCD PANEL: Displays immediate, detailed information on battery and power conditions, including: estimated runtime, battery capacity, load capacity, etc
  • AUTOMATIC VOLTAGE REGULATION (AVR): Corrects minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, thereby extending the life of the battery.
  • 3-YEAR WARRANTY – INCLUDING THE BATTERIES, $500,000 Connected Equipment Guarantee and FREE PowerPanel Personal Edition Management Software (Download)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back