Update on my tank. Please help

Beng2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently posted about my experience with my first tank and how the first clownfish I brought home looked to have ick. Some time has gone by with no response and Wyoming white has just passed now. What should I do

jmevox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other fish in the tank? The only way to get rid of ich is to go fishless for 76 days. After that, you should quarantine any fish before adding to your tank.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How old is the tank? What are all the parameters (Please don't say normal). Where did the fish come from and were they quarantined? I looked at the other thread but can't see much from the video.

OP
OP
Beng2003

Beng2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? What are all the parameters (Please don't say normal). Where did the fish come from and were they quarantined? I looked at the other thread but can't see much from the video.
This morning when I woke my original clownfish, the carrier, passed after my other Wyoming white has died. Now it’s only my cleaner shrimp and some small soft corals in the tank. The tank is 2 months old. Last time I checked the parameters my salinity was 1.024 and nitrates were 0. The fish came from my LFS however since I only have one tank being my first try at saltwater, They went into my tank after about 15 minutes of temp acclimation and 30 min of drip

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How about Amonia, Nitrite, Temp?

If you don't QT the fish, you are always at risk of introducing a parasite. I would leave the tank without fish now for 92 days. Ich used to take 76 days of fallow period, but recommendation went up as a few cases of re-infection showed up after 76. Shrimp is ok - it's not a carrier.

OP
OP
Beng2003

Beng2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And when was the last test you mentioned?
The last test was three days ago before the carrier died. Water temp has been consistent around 77-78 degrees. Is there any product I should put in to it or just leave it sitting? Are corals okay to keep while I wait?

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The last test was three days ago before the carrier died. Water temp has been consistent around 77-78 degrees. Is there any product I should put in to it or just leave it sitting? Are corals okay to keep while I wait?

You are not answering all questions. "How about Amonia, Nitrite,"

Fowler freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other fish in the tank? The only way to get rid of ich is to go fishless for 76 days. After that, you should quarantine any fish before adding to your tank.
i second that. Exactly

jmevox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i second that. Exactly

A lot of people ignore the quarantine advice.....I get it, it's more work and annoying.......When i was younger I ignored the quarantine advice. I waited 76 or more days for ich to be out of my display tank and got a nice new 180 dollar pair of designer clowns. I put them in the display and boom got Ich again.............Lesson learned! You have to quarantine new fish

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back