Upgrading lights on Biocube.. some advice please?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am thinking about removing the hood of my 28 gal JBJ nano cube and going topless.

These lights I was considering:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=27873

1, Is it good lights for growing most corals? I am terrible in the lighting department. I have mostly zoas at the moment, but would like to branch out.
2, anyone have any ideas if my tank would get too over heated, now that I am removing the hood that has the chillers within?
3, if lights are not good, any suggestions on that site? (I have a gift card to use on DrsFoster, and trying to stay around $100 range)
 
Last edited:
I have the same tank. I removed the lighting inside the hood and installed a rapid led kit.
I would not suggest that light you refer to.
If you did remove the hood, your tank would not overheat. The fans primarily cool the lighting inside. But you would have more evaporation with no hood .
 
thank you for the response!

It does not seem Drs Foster/Smith sells the RapidLEDs (I have gift cards for that site so I am trying to stay within that site).. and is out of my price range (trying to stay in the $100 mark.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new