mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaping up to be great build, and a the cat found a new place to swim. ;)

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went outside for a few and came back in to a possibly leaking tank. After frantically wiping up all the water and checking all the seams I noticed a wet cat :mad:;Cat no pics or video of the incident unfortunately, but no leaking tank so even better
OMG! Silly cat. Glad he was able to get out on his own. A video would have been hysterical! Your first fish was a catfish!

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180408_140828.jpg
Just some friendly help, but either change that flexible pipe to something that light won’t penetrate or wrap it in some electrical tape (or the like). It will clog up with algae at some point due to the natural light and your flow will go to crap.

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking build so far I may have missed it in the beginning but what are the dimensions of the tank? Probably going about this size when i upgrade sometime hopefully within the next year or so. Also the logo on the glass is a nice touch, not much of a college sports fan myself, but nice touch non the less.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Lunch time thread to read. Looking forward to continue watching your progress! You might want to go ahead and build that screen top now in case kitty wants to take another swim. lol

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went outside for a few and came back in to a possibly leaking tank. After frantically wiping up all the water and checking all the seams I noticed a wet cat :mad:;Cat no pics or video of the incident unfortunately, but no leaking tank so even better
I used to have a cat that loved to try to fish lol

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking build so far I may have missed it in the beginning but what are the dimensions of the tank? Probably going about this size when i upgrade sometime hopefully within the next year or so. Also the logo on the glass is a nice touch, not much of a college sports fan myself, but nice touch non the less.

Its 48x24x24. And I'm a Penn state alumnus that's why the logos there

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So finally got water up to the overflow

I was all like :) but then the elbow on the overflow piping started to leak

20180423_212513.jpg

So now I'm all like :mad:;Blackeye;Drowning and have to figure out a way to fix the leak

20180423_205307.jpg

Last edited:

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I'm honestly surprised to see a leak on the overflow piping at a joint, that's not under pressure right? Seems crazy to me.

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so after consulting with the all knowing oracle, google, i sacrificed all my personal information to the web and was granted access to the chamber of the plumbing gods. must not have sacrificed enough because i only got to talk with some demigods.
so as it turn out there are various "right ways" to fix this leak ranging form putting the pipe under a vacuum and sucking more dope into the joints to tape, epoxy and using a needle and syringe that would have the DEA kicking down my door with a fake search warrant if i bought them.
i elected to just add more primer to the joint and let it soak in then coat it in a thick coat of dope. so in about an hour ill find out if it works and since this is the internet if that doesnt work i will change this post with what did work, thus for ever altering the permanent record of my existence and making the archaeologist that reads this in a couple hundred years awe at my total awesomeness :D:rolleyes:

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so after consulting with the all knowing oracle, google, i sacrificed all my personal information to the web and was granted access to the chamber of the plumbing gods. must not have sacrificed enough because i only got to talk with some demigods.
so as it turn out there are various "right ways" to fix this leak ranging form putting the pipe under a vacuum and sucking more dope into the joints to tape, epoxy and using a needle and syringe that would have the DEA kicking down my door with a fake search warrant if i bought them.
i elected to just add more primer to the joint and let it soak in then coat it in a thick coat of dope. so in about an hour ill find out if it works and since this is the internet if that doesnt work i will change this post with what did work, thus for ever altering the permanent record of my existence and making the archaeologist that reads this in a couple hundred years awe at my total awesomeness :D:rolleyes:

aaaand quoted for posterity's sake hahaha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back