Upgrading tank...transfer LR and LS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nem0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nem0

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2019
Messages
402
Reaction score
167
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading my 9g to a 30g, I have about 1olb of live sand and 8lb of live rock in my current tank. To set up my new tank, would i be able to just add another 2oish pounds of sand and dry rock? I plan on using my water from the current tank as well + new saltwater. And adding a bottle of biospira + stability. would this make my new tank "cycled"?
 
Start curing the rock to be added as soon as possible... it can be done with a powerhead and a heater in a brute trash can.

That way it will already be cycled when it's added...

Just what I did...
 
I would re-use what you have an add to it. While it may not prevent you from having to cycle, it will certainly contribute to the bio-diversity and maturity of the tank from the start!
 
Start curing the rock to be added as soon as possible... it can be done with a powerhead and a heater in a brute trash can.

That way it will already be cycled when it's added...

Just what I did...

do i have to do anything specific to cure?
 
Not really, just add a source of ammonia... maybe a piece of shrimp. I will decay in the bucket and provide an ammonia source for the bacteria to grow.

Give it a few months, lid on, no lights. Then rinse and add to new tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new