uploading pics.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure this is a very easy solution question, but does anyone know how I can get my pictures to upload. I shoot them on my DSLR in raw, edit and convert them to jpeg, but when I try and upload them, they are still too large.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can´t you not decide the size of the JPG in there? My original jpeg in my camera is around 5-6 MB and I downsize them to between 200 KB to 1.8 MB. Sorry I do not know the Cannon program.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can´t you not decide the size of the JPG in there? My original jpeg in my camera is around 5-6 MB and I downsize them to between 200 KB to 1.8 MB. Sorry I do not know the Cannon program.

Sincerely Lasse
I'm not sure, but from another thread, I posted ppl are saying one should be able to upload "large" files (my 14mb ish files). I have sent some examples to the R2R team, I will update if there is a solution or insight.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TY for the reply Lasse, I am actually using the Canon digital software my camera came with.
What is the name and version you are using? What camera body are you using?
The latest version of Digital Photo Professional is 4.12.10
You should be able to download that and update your software from Canon's website.
I actually went and downloaded and installed it just to help you out. I use Adobe Lightroom for my work but have Canon cameras and am able to download the software.

In this version you have the ability to "convert and save"
convertnsave.jpg

Click on that.

Then in this screen you can change things to make the image smaller.
resize.jpg

The fastest and easiest is to change image size is to adjust the pixel size. Divide the number shown by 2 and use that. It should shrink the image substantially to make it so you can post it. Then you can reduce the image quality from high to a middle level.

I'm not sure, but from another thread, I posted ppl are saying one should be able to upload "large" files (my 14mb ish files).
Just my opinion, there is absolutely no need for a 14MB photo on the internet or seen on a tablet or computer screen. 5mb is more than enough for this type of use.

I use a 34MP & 50MP camera and my photos have appeared on billboards and vinyl prints on vehicles. In this case the larger MP image is needed. But for a screen you are at most 2 feet away from. It's NOT needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the name and version you are using? What camera body are you using?
The latest version of Digital Photo Professional is 4.12.10
You should be able to download that and update your software from Canon's website.
I actually went and downloaded and installed it just to help you out. I use Adobe Lightroom for my work but have Canon cameras and am able to download the software.

In this version you have the ability to "convert and save"
convertnsave.jpg

Click on that.

Then in this screen you can change things to make the image smaller.
resize.jpg

The fastest and easiest is to change image size is to adjust the pixel size. Divide the number shown by 2 and use that. It should shrink the image substantially to make it so you can post it. Then you can reduce the image quality from high to a middle level.

Just my opinion, there is absolutely no need for a 14MB photo on the internet or seen on a tablet or computer screen. 5mb is more than enough for this type of use.

I use a 34MP & 50MP camera and my photos have appeared on billboards and vinyl prints on vehicles. In this case the larger MP image is needed. But for a screen you are at most 2 feet away from. It's NOT needed.
Ty for the reply. I use the canon t7, I am able to convert and save, I will check for the second option of windows. I was able to use the normal picture viewer to edit size once knew the pixel was the issue.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back