UPS delivery late

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stressing out, have an order coming from Pacific East Aquaculture and was supposed to be here at 10:30 and is still not arrived at now almost 2 pm. It’s a toadstool and a mushroom and usually I wouldn’t worry but it’s Michigan and it’s freezing outside and I’m sure while it sits in the truck it’s getting really cold. The truck is nowhere in my area I have no clue if it’ll even be delivered today. I have no clue if the trucks have heating in the back where the packages are.
How long should they be good for? I hope they packed them good to keep them warm! Needed to vent my worries. I know soft corals are pretty tough but dang it’s cold outside today.

is there any way I can contact the driver? I’m tracking the package and it’s driving to another city already..

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Toadstool and mushroom, two tough cookies- should be fine
ACCLIMATE THEM WELL

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s annoying is I called UPS to see if they could ask the driver to deliver it sooner as it’s live and they tell me there’s no way to contact the driver? Seems bizarre..and the driver has passed my house 5 times between other deliveries too :(

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s annoying is I called UPS to see if they could ask the driver to deliver it sooner as it’s live and they tell me there’s no way to contact the driver? Seems bizarre..and the driver has passed my house 5 times between other deliveries too :(

I sort of am having a similar issue /concern as well. I have two shipments of corals coming in via UPS and typically they are for Priority Overnight delivered by 9:30 - 10 AM PST, but today's shipments say they'll be delivered by 9 pm and are currently out for delivery. 1. They've been traveling overnight, 2. They have been on a truck all day to God knows where 3. Does the heat pack really last that long for corals? I'm fortunate that these aren't SPS or euphyllia that I ordered but am still concerned for corals.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a similar experience - Depending on the starting place and the destination - the delivery time is actually supposed to be 'before 3PM' - which is usually not a problem. And you're absolutely correct - once you navigate through the 1000 options on their phone - you can't get any further information. BTW - My delivery was delayed by a day. The coral arrived dead (but it was acaropora)

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sort of am having a similar issue /concern as well. I have two shipments of corals coming in via UPS and typically they are for Priority Overnight delivered by 9:30 - 10 AM PST, but today's shipments say they'll be delivered by 9 pm and are currently out for delivery. 1. They've been traveling overnight, 2. They have been on a truck all day to God knows where 3. Does the heat pack really last that long for corals? I'm fortunate that these aren't SPS or euphyllia that I ordered but am still concerned for corals.
Yep same exact situation here. Never had an issue before I’m wondering if it was a mistake to ship this week. I don’t have faith the heat pack will keep it totally warm if the back is 30 degrees like it is outside lol

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar experience - Depending on the starting place and the destination - the delivery time is actually supposed to be 'before 3PM' - which is usually not a problem. And you're absolutely correct - once you navigate through the 1000 options on their phone - you can't get any further information. BTW - My delivery was delayed by a day. The coral arrived dead (but it was acaropora)
Yeah it sucks. Sorry for your loss it really is a shame when livestock arrives DOA. I was getting super frustrated at the agent I talked to she told me there’s nothing they can do and to give it more time even though I explained it’s live..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah it sucks. Sorry for your loss it really is a shame when livestock arrives DOA. I was getting super frustrated at the agent I talked to she told me there’s nothing they can do and to give it more time even though I explained it’s live..
My particular shipment - actually made it to the warehouse in my city - (well nearby) - and I said - can I just come pick it up - 'no' sorry you cant. was totally crazy

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back