UPS-what a joke

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a Biota tang coming tomorrow and I want UPS to hold it at the local hub so I can pick it up and not wait for the truck to show up hours later. The fish will go to the local hub from the airport before being put on the truck for delivery. And to do this for me UPS wants to charge me $7.99 (yes I talked to a human). I can't tell you how many times I've done this before with out EVER being charged for this. What a JOKE.

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I’ve found smaller service fees that were usually waived are making a comeback everywhere. You can always have it shipped directly to the hub next time.

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a reason my wife and I mispronounce the name as "oops". I've watched things like a driver throwing a high dollar server (in a box of course) from the back of the truck. He really heaved it too so it traveled something like 10' total distance.

Oh yeah, lived in Canada and they stabbed a fork from a forklift through a package.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a reason my wife and I mispronounce the name as "oops". I've watched things like a driver throwing a high dollar server (in a box of course) from the back of the truck. He really heaved it too so it traveled something like 10' total distance.

Oh yeah, lived in Canada and they stabbed a fork from a forklift through a package.
Yes, we call them UP-oops here too (though arguably they got a lot better pre-COVID). I think the golden age of shipping is behind us...

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a Biota tang coming tomorrow and I want UPS to hold it at the local hub so I can pick it up and not wait for the truck to show up hours later. The fish will go to the local hub from the airport before being put on the truck for delivery. And to do this for me UPS wants to charge me $7.99 (yes I talked to a human). I can't tell you how many times I've done this before with out EVER being charged for this. What a JOKE.
I would pay that without question to get it out of their hands.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS is the absolute worse managed business on the planet. Everything arrives late, damaged. Broke, etc... drivers refuse to provide a name or business card to file a complaint about their service. Have to just get a truck license plate and call it in to a robot desk person and nothing ever happens. No one calls back. No reimbursement for obvious carrier damage to the ordered merchandise. Nothing, just drop the smashed box off and drive on down the road. UPS is a joke...

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You're clearly paying them for their inconvenience of saving the gas money and wear and tear on their trucks by delivering it to you. Seems fair right?

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Next order I would use delivery to a UPS store..........there is usually one nearby where you live in most cities.

It is irritating but $8 isn't that bad vs it being at the fate of some standard route delivery driver.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS is much better in my neck of the woods then FedEx.

At least I know my UPS guy, and he'll actually come to where I work and deliver packages if they are marked as "live animals". Same delivery guy every day up here.

FedEx drops packages 2 house down when the house numbers are clearly shown on the houses. Actually had a fedex guy pull up to my house, look at the numbers, backup 2 house, and drop my package there. No idea who the FedEx driver is, their different every time.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we can all agree that everything has sucked a lot more the past few years in terms of deliveries.
Agree with you here. All are about the same now., once Covid hit and they were short handed for awhile. The excuse about it’s because of Covid became standard. Now it worked then so why not just keep using it.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yall complaining about ups obviously have never had to have anything shipped across the country by FedEx and get stuck at there central US hubs for weeks :grinning-face-with-sweat: :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy: Ill take UPS over any shipper.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS is much better in my neck of the woods then FedEx.

At least I know my UPS guy, and he'll actually come to where I work and deliver packages if they are marked as "live animals". Same delivery guy every day up here.

FedEx drops packages 2 house down when the house numbers are clearly shown on the houses. Actually had a fedex guy pull up to my house, look at the numbers, backup 2 house, and drop my package there. No idea who the FedEx driver is, their different every time.
I got a coral delivery this Firday and ill just text my driver in the AM and grab it from him at the gas station. Maybe some of yall need to be more friendly with your driver and get to know them.:winking-face:

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $20/yr you can get UPS MyChoice and no more fees. Custom delivery dates/times, etc., are all free.

This overlaps with a few services that were free years ago but generally weren't available back then.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have never been charged but most the time I am doing it for work

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back