Urgh seriously.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, at least you will know how to treat your own back strain when you are done moving 12 forty pound bottles of water. :)
Lol, I can never go larger than our 75 gallon tank until I break down and get an RODI unit for the house.

Still using 1 gallon water jugs. My back doesn't like 5 gallon buckets anymore.
[emoji17]

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I’m to that point of this is crazy. Just between work and everything else I keep assuming it’s cheaper and faster. Yet, my smart side of me says I’m being dumb, and making more work. But I soooo wish I could wiggle my nose like that girl in bewitched and be done.

In addition if I can find away to get this massive five inch anemonie off of this rock, and someone wants him, he is so history. He keeps trying to take over that base rock and sting my pretty meteror shower. Grrr

A0163D2A-D3DA-430C-8CFB-623DBCD5A85F.jpeg

7F2169AA-8E5C-49F9-8299-3DB6C65CD425.jpeg

6187A37C-68C5-4880-A174-537B544A3CCE.jpeg

Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having your own set up at home is the way to go. I think you would be a lot happier with it. Especially with that 400 gallon coming. You would have to get a bigger Jeep, or a trailer. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol when I set my 400 up there is no way I’m going to do the water transfer or an in home system. I’m gonna pay for a hard line that goes directly to the lfs. It’s gonna be lol right next to my tank, the left hand spicket will be rodi water, and the right side pro salt. We will just rip up the roads and make hard heated lines lol. Yeah that’s just going to be a total nightmare with the 400 and the 240. Maybe my parents will do my water changes for me, lol is that possible?

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol @NY_Caveman lol your sooooo awesome but if you did that you know there is no way I’d let you do it for free. I’d have to pay you what you make at your normal job. It’s hard work so that would be awesome, and could you see me driving a water truck semi lol yeah right. I’d be oh sorry I just took out your car, oops there goes the fire hydrant. Oh crap that’s first and not third. Oh I’m sorry I forgot to turn the water valve off, sorry I flooded your convertible Porsche. But hey you have nice wet puppy dog hair style now. My bad! Yeah nope not gonna happen, I can barley drive a Jeep.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol @NY_Caveman lol your sooooo awesome but if you did that you know there is no way I’d let you do it for free. I’d have to pay you what you make at your normal job. It’s hard work so that would be awesome, and could you see me driving a water truck semi lol yeah right. I’d be oh sorry I just took out your car, oops there goes the fire hydrant. Oh crap that’s first and not third. Oh I’m sorry I forgot to turn the water valve off, sorry I flooded your convertible Porsche. But hey you have nice wet puppy dog hair style now. My bad! Yeah nope not gonna happen, I can barley drive a Jeep.

LOL!

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in money and time alone, the rodin is so worth it. I was one getting 25 gallons at a time and hated it. I can't image your numbers. Now that i have on hand daily water and on hand rodi, I'll never go back, plus the ability to deal much more quickly to tank issues is awesome.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, come on. You know you want one of these bad boys in your driveway!

upload_2018-5-18_10-36-55.png

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have a spare closet that you can use for this. I have two 55 gallon food grade drums in a closet in a spare room. I am in Louisiana, so no basements here.

It works out well for me. Mine are separate drums and not connected. They are both also on dollies, so they can both be moved easily, even when full. I installed two large PVC clean-outs with screw on lids, so the drums can be cleaned and add equipment, like heaters or pumps. Both have pumps in the bottom of them.

122106B2-F688-47E5-B23F-5DB133FAB799.jpeg

3B172DA3-A3AB-42C4-BFBA-288F928F97E8.jpeg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, come on. You know you want one of these bad boys in your driveway!

upload_2018-5-18_10-36-55.png

Lol @Brew12 lol awesome I would need five ladders and a kids booster seat as well. Could you see me oh gosh my bad didn’t mean to drive over your house I was trying to back up to my garage lol. Sorry about crushing your fridge and couch. But hey if you have a saltwater tank we can share the water. Yes I want one lol but it has to say Tonka Truck on the side.:)

@Fin a girl has extra closet space lol really :) I just re painted and did my room and need more closest space:).

96096179-7BDD-42B1-98C6-DD503DBA6988.jpeg

4DB1CDBC-DD7A-4D49-9ABD-BEBC6474FCE2.jpeg

918E1BD7-17B0-4AC7-B410-536BBC96BEB6.jpeg

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you are right - What was I thinking? :) Nice brush technique there on the wall. Nice for a young girl's room. I have neon signs on the wall in my "man cave / fish room / office." But my wife did paint my room with a technique that makes it look a little like leather. I am old, but that doesn't prevent me from being a big kid. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So after getting off work at 1900 which was a 24 hour shift, people wonder why I’m lol still up. It’s because it’s friday and my obnoxious neighbors are having a drunk fest. Well anyway lol, I was finally reached by current today. This is one of the reasons I will always love them and stand by their product. They went out of their way to find the items I needed, and not only did they overnight them to me, they issued a full refund to me for my inconvenience. That’s thee best customer service I have ever had. Truly amazing, I will stand by their product. They may not have fancy name and the ones who rave about, but when it comes to their customers they truly care. What’s even better was there was no gimmicks, no hassle, they just said we are so sorry we will fix this today. So to current USA I owe you one heck of a warm special compliment. You have always have me as a customer.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

Been super tired, as a point of fact some how I fell asleep on my hardwood floor, as I was looking up at my tank to relax. Now in case nobody knew this, the term hard wood floor is pretty darn accurate. My floor is wood and extremly hard and uncomfortable. I need to invest in a huge huge beam bag, with a soft blankie and pillow. That way when I do fall asleep after a 24 hour work shift, lol it’s not on my hard wood floor. When I woke up I felt as if some one had stuffed me in a trash compactor squished me, then decided to place me on an ironing board and get the wrinkles out. Yes oh I had to many arms and legs and back that was super stiff. But hey lol my fish tank was super mesmerizing and puts me to sleep, which means it’s very quite also. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So has anyone experienced an eshopps s-300 skimmer? I love this skimmer but, I have to turn the knob thingy almost all the way in order for it to give me that nice foam at the top. Which at the same time is annoying because everyone once in a while my skimmer goes nuts and then overflows.

Is there something I’m doing wrong or missing, I never had that problem with my old reef dynamics. This one skims great most of the time but just seems that it’s almost always 3/4 of the way turned in order for it to reach the collection cup.

My other question is, is there anyway to change sump tanks while the tank is up and running. As this question kinda makes me sound like one of the Kardashian’s (pathetic lol) the only way I could get my sump in was through the top. After it was in, I then used my super hero powers to pick my tank up and set it on the stand. Since then, it seems some marvel bad guy has taken my powers lol.

My idea was to close my unions and disconnect the hard pipes and then obviously drain it, and remove the equipment. But am I able to remove some of the stands side boards (never the corners) so I can slide it out? When I mean side boards, (not the front or back etc). As I ask this I think it’s not likely because it looks like the wood is notched. If any one has removed their sump to put a better one in, advice would be grand. Another suggestion was to drain said sump tank, and then remove the baffles. Then simply redesign how I want it inside. The tank now is 60 gallons, but there is not much room to work in there, and I’m pretty tiny.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back