Urgh seriously.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey kiddo just keep trying to feel better and try to focus on healing. You have a big group of support people here. Sorry your getting it from all directions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey friends,

Yes I have been super quiet umm yeah. In short there has been a nuclear bomb literally dropped on basically my whole family (no deaths FYI, no medical cancer etc,). However because of how sensitive it is and severe I just can’t post it. (Umm and it’s not me that has the issues). Because of this I have gone kinda in a really deep dark cave to hide. The worst part is I don’t even have a clue how to process this event. Not to mention any one else in the whole family. What I can say is that I have missed my friends and don’t worry I’m still hear. This has been a nightmare for me 24/7 for the last ten days, and sadly it will never go away. I feel like I’m in a chess game and I can normally think 4-5 moves ahead. In this situation I was caught off guard and I have no idea where to move.

I did add an urchin to help with my Gha and lots of Mexican turbo snails. Can’t find my slime ball sea hare but most say he buried himself in the sand and will emerge some day.
Hang in there sarah. You are Proven Tough and I think this instance calls for prayers for you at this time !!!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey kiddo just keep trying to feel better and try to focus on healing. You have a big group of support people here. Sorry your getting it from all directions.

Hello,

It’s very relaxing and relief that I have a large support group. I have never been in this situation not alone ever thought I would be. Again I’m not the person with the issues etc, but those issues are severely affecting the entire family in huge ways. I honestly believe that if I were to sit down, or even aka type it, I would not make it past the first three words with out breaking down in tears. (Speaking of which). But I’m trying to peep out and try and make my mind think about anything else but this event. What’s worse is I know I wasn’t the one that caused anything etc, but wow I sure feel like it’s my fault and that really just hurts.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends,

Yes I have been super quiet umm yeah. In short there has been a nuclear bomb literally dropped on basically my whole family (no deaths FYI, no medical cancer etc,). However because of how sensitive it is and severe I just can’t post it. (Umm and it’s not me that has the issues). Because of this I have gone kinda in a really deep dark cave to hide. The worst part is I don’t even have a clue how to process this event. Not to mention any one else in the whole family. What I can say is that I have missed my friends and don’t worry I’m still hear. This has been a nightmare for me 24/7 for the last ten days, and sadly it will never go away. I feel like I’m in a chess game and I can normally think 4-5 moves ahead. In this situation I was caught off guard and I have no idea where to move.

I did add an urchin to help with my Gha and lots of Mexican turbo snails. Can’t find my slime ball sea hare but most say he buried himself in the sand and will emerge some day.
Sarah, I'm terribly sorry you and your family are going through something like this! I can understand wanting to pull back and hide. I haven't been nearly as social since my wife filed for a divorce. I get it that it isn't about not wanting to reach out and interact with friends, it's much more complicated than that.
I hope you and your family make it through whatever issue it is that you are dealing with. I'll be thinking about all of you!

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there sarah. You are Proven Tough and I think this instance calls for prayers for you at this time !!!

I definitely need all the prayers because this situation needs a miracle literally. It troubles me deeply, so bad I can’t sleep, went four days no sleep. All I’d say is I’d gladly take what happened to me in my accident any day over the event that one of my family members did. I can assure many that xmas dinner will never be the same.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I definitely need all the prayers because this situation needs a miracle literally. It troubles me deeply, so bad I can’t sleep, went four days no sleep. All I’d say is I’d gladly take what happened to me in my accident any day over the event that one of my family members did. I can assure many that xmas dinner will never be the same.
So sorry. Prayer works and Our Lord Never sleeps

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

It’s been awhile and sorry I’ve been well yeah. Anyway I was lucky that the local aquarium still had my number. I was gifted a very large Naso male (streamers even), which is about 7 1/2 maybe but so neat. Is it sad that in my area 240 and 300 gallon are the largest we have. If I am able to ever get the 425 going, he would be perfect in that. But he came from a 125, so this is quite a bit bigger for him. He was very shy and stayed away, but later today he ate some brine, and then ate all the seaweed and was grazing. So that’s a relief. He still doesn’t aka like it (and my other fish as well), they don’t like it when I watch them lol. They only like me when I feed them. But if I walk by, they scatter into the reef. I have found that sitting back a ways brings them out more. They never use to until I moved. So here are some pics of the new Naso, now lol they are not great but I had to take them from like 10 feet away. He is still fairly shy so I caught him grazing :). In some of the pics I have him against my blue hippo which is an easy 3 inches and purple, and he is like jaws in comparison lol.

802E380E-3F31-4E33-B4FB-95DB697D84AC.jpeg BF4B53D5-FF42-403F-91BB-94472181769E.jpeg 61DFB59B-FD1F-4D5F-962E-4CE0DB75023A.jpeg CBE6A67C-368E-4A6F-883E-57210CC3DFF4.jpeg 29D832A5-3C54-46F5-B1F2-F67EE6CBACFE.jpeg ACEEF662-136C-4640-92B7-FBDAB119CCE5.jpeg C89ED4B5-FB46-4312-ACE8-5FD0506DDD65.jpeg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice naso !!! He will soon be very active and offer enjoyment !!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

It’s been awhile and sorry I’ve been well yeah. Anyway I was lucky that the local aquarium still had my number. I was gifted a very large Naso male (streamers even), which is about 7 1/2 maybe but so neat. Is it sad that in my area 240 and 300 gallon are the largest we have. If I am able to ever get the 425 going, he would be perfect in that. But he came from a 125, so this is quite a bit bigger for him. He was very shy and stayed away, but later today he ate some brine, and then ate all the seaweed and was grazing. So that’s a relief. He still doesn’t aka like it (and my other fish as well), they don’t like it when I watch them lol. They only like me when I feed them. But if I walk by, they scatter into the reef. I have found that sitting back a ways brings them out more. They never use to until I moved. So here are some pics of the new Naso, now lol they are not great but I had to take them from like 10 feet away. He is still fairly shy so I caught him grazing :). In some of the pics I have him against my blue hippo which is an easy 3 inches and purple, and he is like jaws in comparison lol.

802E380E-3F31-4E33-B4FB-95DB697D84AC.jpeg BF4B53D5-FF42-403F-91BB-94472181769E.jpeg 61DFB59B-FD1F-4D5F-962E-4CE0DB75023A.jpeg CBE6A67C-368E-4A6F-883E-57210CC3DFF4.jpeg 29D832A5-3C54-46F5-B1F2-F67EE6CBACFE.jpeg ACEEF662-136C-4640-92B7-FBDAB119CCE5.jpeg C89ED4B5-FB46-4312-ACE8-5FD0506DDD65.jpeg
Thanks for posting! It's good to see you back. That is a beautiful fish, I think you will enjoy having him.

How the rehab going yet? Are you doing cartwheels or still only forward rolls?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great addition! I bet he is happy in there. Glad to see you posting a little. Hope you are doing ok.

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice new add Sarah glad to see you posting. Hope u r doing better. Also thanks for all the advise that you shared with me on my 75gallon tank. Guess what? I’m starting a 90gal so I hope you pop in and steer me on the right path with it too. Stay strong my friend hope to hear from you soon. :)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Ahh lol no gymnastics for me yet but I can walk on my own with out a roller or crutch per say. I can’t run but can jog on soft grass now. Cement is too hard still but it’s getting better. Still not gonna drive for a while, but eventually I will have to.

he is much different than my other Naso, she only ate frozen foods. He eats a little bit but doesn’t want easy food. He is eating the alage on the wave makers and rocks. He also eats the nori I have put in, which I’m doing two sheets a day and feeding extra a tad. He will swim laps then stay and swim in a 30 gallon section. But he is at least eating, grazing and out. He has swam the whole tank but he doesn’t seem to well enjoy people. Can’t say I blame him much but trying lol. I have found my tank is more active when I sit a way. They are also super skittish they all dart for the rocks it’s like it’s on edge. His favorite seems to be sadly the cords going to the wave makers and hair alage on the rocks and pumps. Sure hope he isn’t strong enough to pierce those cords, or well that’s bad.

it wouldn’t let me quote for some reason but (glad the 75 is doing well and I’ll always help with your 90).
I get quiet it’s a painful flaw but I’m still always here:)

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So it’s day four of the new tang in the tank and he isn’t as shy but still skittish and still hides. I have not been able to convince him to eat frozen yet he tried some but then stopped. He still grazes the rocks, and I put nori in every morning and night and it’s always gone. The only problem is, I cant confirm he is the one eating it, or the water is breaking it down. I know my other tangs don’t eat the algae because I have tried sooo many times and had to use the frozen seaweed in order for them to eat it. Curious as how to get him to eat frozen. I have the shrimp Myosis shrine brine, and I soak it with garlic as well. May try flake food with them as well and see what happens. Maybe mix them all together.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So it’s day four of the new tang in the tank and he isn’t as shy but still skittish and still hides. I have not been able to convince him to eat frozen yet he tried some but then stopped. He still grazes the rocks, and I put nori in every morning and night and it’s always gone. The only problem is, I cant confirm he is the one eating it, or the water is breaking it down. I know my other tangs don’t eat the algae because I have tried sooo many times and had to use the frozen seaweed in order for them to eat it. Curious as how to get him to eat frozen. I have the shrimp Myosis shrine brine, and I soak it with garlic as well. May try flake food with them as well and see what happens. Maybe mix them all together.
Do I remember right that you use a feed mode to stop or slow your pumps? If so, try leaving your pumps running when you add the food. The Australians don't stop the waves near the Great Barrier Reef at feeding time and I've found the motion of faster moving food particles to stimulate feeding.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I remember right that you use a feed mode to stop or slow your pumps? If so, try leaving your pumps running when you add the food. The Australians don't stop the waves near the Great Barrier Reef at feeding time and I've found the motion of faster moving food particles to stimulate feeding.

Hello,

I have not tried that actually and from my homework I’ve done and if I’m right, then this tang was wild caught. For the amount of time the aquarium has had it, would not I don’t think have allowed it to get this size. It was sent to them as rescue but they said it wasn’t from a home (what about a business etc). Almost tempted to name him jaws. My old Naso was big, and this new one is just unreal. I’m almost concerned my 240 is not even close to big enough. He is powerful, he was grazing on the wave maker power cords, and he literally jerked on off the glass. I do have the plastic spacers to protect the glass, so probably weaker, but glad I was home it went every where. I was able to shut them down quick. Needless to say I have removed all of the spacers now lol. When lfs I think I will have them wrap all the cords in the protective sleeves just in case. I have never seen any of my fish yank on a cord that had algae on it.

He also reminds me of jaws because of how he hides. He will go into the rocks and wait but darken his color and I have started to know where to look, but there were times I was staring right at him, and missed him, but he was there.

he definitely took over the chain of command in my tank. All my other tangs just tread lightly around him. My clown was dumb enough to think he would go up against it. The clown tried to attack and the Naso nipped him pretty good. (was too close to the frogspawn that the clown hosts). Now the Naso stays in his cave as his head hangs above the frogspawn. Needless to say my clown fish is homeless. (I’m glad lol little jerk). I’m definitely leaving lots of algae on clips and I always see them gone. So I’m hoping he is chowing down, but he is always grazing or scouting and he is sooo different.

He will swim laps the whole tank, but he gets where he will circle maybe a 30 gallon size of the tank where two of his caves are now. But he will just go in and swim around them and back in for awhile. Then will sling shot across the tank and do the same thing to the left. Then the middle then start over on the right. Today was the first day he didn’t dash when I approached the tank, which I was dosing it. But load noises or if my dad or
Mum walk in the house and walk heavy he will hide. Not sure what to think about my flow with him. At times when all six wave makers are off but gyres and returns are on, he has different patterns. It’s almost he prefers the slower flow as compared to my other Naso. At first it looked like way too much for him but if my 3 inch hippo can manage and 1 inch clown he definitely can. It’s also the first time I have seen a fish actively swim backwards.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back