Urgh seriously.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im battling with you. My lights just came so I'm hoping to bring come out swinging with an ats this weekend. Using fluconazole was my best way in the past but the reviews talking about killing fish has me hesitant
I have flux but yes if not used properly can be over effective. I generally dose any bottled items at 80%

S.K.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Human tick is germ free when it come out. I would run carbon and mostly big water change. If you werent running carbon in you system then just huge water change. it should be fine

fishes and snails etc poop and tick as well. think you just had 2000fish pooped at once. You are having more ammonia then what your tank bacteria can normally handle.That is why water change will fix it. I would stop putting prime.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it much better than the peroxide? I just need to break down and by some online. I hate shopping on line I have the fear of some will nab my info. Should I be no but I am. I had a small issue with it when I was 18. Since then I have limited my online shopping to about 2% total lol. But if it’s better than peroxide then it’s time to order some.
Steal your info ? Lol!! What year is this 2005? That rarely happens anymore. Amazon, bulk reef supply, etc. all super secure and trusted, no one is stealing your info on there.
Vibrant will help 100%

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what happened to the sea hare?
Steal your info ? Lol!! What year is this 2005? That rarely happens anymore. Amazon, bulk reef supply, etc. all super secure and trusted, no one is stealing your info on there.
Vibrant will help 100%

Hello,

The sea hare died he just vanished and now idea where he went. Definitely need another one that’s for sure.

Lol yes I had my id and info stolen when I was 18-19 so senior college year. But it was horrible because it was right after my scholarship money for the semester was going to start. So they managed to clear that out which was 12k plus roughly. Then they had opened tons of accounts and racked up tons of debit. Once they figured it out, they did clear everything up, but took a semester. I had used my very first credit card to buy a school lab book online. That was it, and it was painful. Experience, not to mention took forever for the credit burrows to fix things. I have had perfect credit since, so that deters me.’ I use it only in extreme cases and I try and use only places I know:

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First I may sound like a broken record but I havnt been on much. I have been pretty overwhelmed and sadly my coping skill is me being quiet and not a good one but does the job for now. Being shy doesn’t help.

Well first the spots on my new tang went away and he is definitely now dominant fish. Specially at feeding he will flare his top fin and smack his tail around and nip others. So far all have learned he is master. It’s nkce to have him at the top of the tank ready instead of my dumb clown. Not sure if I mentioned this but if my hand is in, clown bites me still. If I where w black rubber glove he avoids me at all costs. So now I can stick my hand in and clean gha out. I lost some acros and some montis because my alk test went bad. As I test it was reading 8, but when I had a new one it was testing five. Had lfs do a double test and it came out five. Would explain why some corals are mad. I have slowly raised it back up to 8 and I may push 9. To make sure the corals have food I e been doing a little reef roids but less than half it’s asking to keep waste down. Still have to feed six cubes once a day.

Not sure if others have had this issue but two of the lfs shops are closing because of the virus. To make sure I had stuff, I bought extra food, stocked heavily for rodi and about 100 of salt. If things get better hey it’s a nice water change. But because I’m back at work, I can’t be around patients because of my injury and must wear a mask. For those just be safe and use common sense. I see all these people panic then go to Walmart or winco or some store with 100s of people in there. Wash your hands I prefer once every hour. But if you go to the store, then don’t touch your face until you wash your hands. I have been washing my face also when that happens. There’s nothing wrong staying home it’s time to relax. But two of my family members are at high risk well no that’s five. My parents are over 60 and dad has asthma so severe risk and mom is over 60 so high risk. My brother is mid 30s but has severe asthma, his nephew has asthma bad, and I have been weakened and my immune is still low. Still have to take medication to build it up and I have asthma. But I’m not super worried as long as I have soap, and nobody sneezes, coughs, hacks touches me lol. My dear friends be safe and use common sense.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First I may sound like a broken record but I havnt been on much. I have been pretty overwhelmed and sadly my coping skill is me being quiet and not a good one but does the job for now. Being shy doesn’t help.

Well first the spots on my new tang went away and he is definitely now dominant fish. Specially at feeding he will flare his top fin and smack his tail around and nip others. So far all have learned he is master. It’s nkce to have him at the top of the tank ready instead of my dumb clown. Not sure if I mentioned this but if my hand is in, clown bites me still. If I where w black rubber glove he avoids me at all costs. So now I can stick my hand in and clean gha out. I lost some acros and some montis because my alk test went bad. As I test it was reading 8, but when I had a new one it was testing five. Had lfs do a double test and it came out five. Would explain why some corals are mad. I have slowly raised it back up to 8 and I may push 9. To make sure the corals have food I e been doing a little reef roids but less than half it’s asking to keep waste down. Still have to feed six cubes once a day.

Not sure if others have had this issue but two of the lfs shops are closing because of the virus. To make sure I had stuff, I bought extra food, stocked heavily for rodi and about 100 of salt. If things get better hey it’s a nice water change. But because I’m back at work, I can’t be around patients because of my injury and must wear a mask. For those just be safe and use common sense. I see all these people panic then go to Walmart or winco or some store with 100s of people in there. Wash your hands I prefer once every hour. But if you go to the store, then don’t touch your face until you wash your hands. I have been washing my face also when that happens. There’s nothing wrong staying home it’s time to relax. But two of my family members are at high risk well no that’s five. My parents are over 60 and dad has asthma so severe risk and mom is over 60 so high risk. My brother is mid 30s but has severe asthma, his nephew has asthma bad, and I have been weakened and my immune is still low. Still have to take medication to build it up and I have asthma. But I’m not super worried as long as I have soap, and nobody sneezes, coughs, hacks touches me lol. My dear friends be safe and use common sense.
Hey there Miss Broken Record, thank you for taking time to post!

My clowns completely ignore me but I have a tiny blue damsel that will bounce off my hand if I get near his coral. It's silly, but he does it all the time. Now that I'm used to it, I am hoping he gets bored of my not reacting and gives up. Who knows.
I've had my own alk issues. Calcium Reactor issues. Fortunately, I have my tank stabilized and I don't think I'm going to lose anything so I got very lucky.
Stay safe and keep in touch. Posting is therapeutic! By that, I mean it is therapeutic for us, it may not do you any good at all. ;) :p

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Sarah! Glad you are still making your rounds! I would have never thought about the fish stores closing...seems like this would be a good time to keep people entertained at home with an aquarium.

We are still working on jobs and picking up more work making kitchen counters. We need masks to protect ourselves from dust but the shelves are empty. We are needing to deliver to customers at risk so I am advising them to remain in another room in the house while we are on site and we will wear masks and gloves. As we exit we will wipe everything down we touched with a bleach solution. Observe the 6' spacing and anyone showing any cold symptoms needs to stay away.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dear friends,

Do to the coronavirus I have been just crazy busy, and where I’m at we have been just blasted. Most of Boise has been shut down, and about 10,000 people were laid off Friday. So it’s not good times where I am at. With the economy crashing things are getting very hard and fast.

I was also informed that the person who owns the home I live in, needs to sell it because of this coronavirus. I have been physically and mentally exhausted since November. Because I have to once again move, (my lease isn’t up till August), and I have no idea where I’m going to go. With tears and very heavy heart, I think it’s time to for me to not have a reef any more. Because I love everything so much and people here id rather it go to people I know. I’m not sure what I’ll do with my actual equipment i haven’t crossed that line yet. I will say my large Naso needs a tank 300 or more. I’m not sure if my landlord want me to move by the end of the month, or end of April. This decision is very hard, I love my tank, I love this wonderful place, (of course I’m staying on here), but I have no idea what or where I will live and I’m just trying to do the right thing. I don’t want money etc but I will be picky on the homes because I want them to have the best. Do to me having mostly tangs most tanks will need to be 150 and higher. They are use to my large tank and they swim rounds.

I don’t want to get out of the hobby, but I lost so much when I moved the first time I had moved. It’s still a risk even now but at least I have the hope they make it. This is well my tank is very dear to me and I love it. But I have to do what’s morally and ethically okay. I may sell the tank etc as well. I’m not sure when I’d be able to set it back up. With it sitting dry I’m not sure how that would affect the seals. I have thought about the entire system everything so it’s still like home. But that’s a huge tank and live stock to be sending to another state.

Of course if I’m not forced to move etc then I’d keep my tank. But I have to prepare for the worst and at the moment I don’t even know where I’m gonna live. Not sure if I want to buy or rent. I don’t even know what’s the better option. When I was told this, it kept me up all night because I don’t know what I’m going to do. With as many lay off and this virus rapidly spreading it was even suggested I take a furlow and stay home. I’d be high risk because of my accident, and my immune system isn’t probably where it should be. The only good part is if I wanna skate board down i84 interstate well she is wide open.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

They did give me that option as well. Their asking price is what it was when the market was super high last summer. Which from looking It’s about 30,000 higher.
During these times I do not believe it matters if the house is sold or not...if it is occupied and occupants can show residency for a period of time then they can not evict during crisis.

I am not sure in every state so double check.

I hope you dont have to move and get rid of your tanks :(

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah just offer them what you think is fair. Also if they don’t use a realtor they save the 6% commission. Also selling to you they don’t need to clean, paint, and make repairs. If they don’t take it they will sit on the market for quite a while and probably only get what you offered or less. I’m sorry to hear you may break down your tank. It has been an inspiration to a bunch of us. Keep getting better :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dear friends,

Do to the coronavirus I have been just crazy busy, and where I’m at we have been just blasted. Most of Boise has been shut down, and about 10,000 people were laid off Friday. So it’s not good times where I am at. With the economy crashing things are getting very hard and fast.

I was also informed that the person who owns the home I live in, needs to sell it because of this coronavirus. I have been physically and mentally exhausted since November. Because I have to once again move, (my lease isn’t up till August), and I have no idea where I’m going to go. With tears and very heavy heart, I think it’s time to for me to not have a reef any more. Because I love everything so much and people here id rather it go to people I know. I’m not sure what I’ll do with my actual equipment i haven’t crossed that line yet. I will say my large Naso needs a tank 300 or more. I’m not sure if my landlord want me to move by the end of the month, or end of April. This decision is very hard, I love my tank, I love this wonderful place, (of course I’m staying on here), but I have no idea what or where I will live and I’m just trying to do the right thing. I don’t want money etc but I will be picky on the homes because I want them to have the best. Do to me having mostly tangs most tanks will need to be 150 and higher. They are use to my large tank and they swim rounds.

I don’t want to get out of the hobby, but I lost so much when I moved the first time I had moved. It’s still a risk even now but at least I have the hope they make it. This is well my tank is very dear to me and I love it. But I have to do what’s morally and ethically okay. I may sell the tank etc as well. I’m not sure when I’d be able to set it back up. With it sitting dry I’m not sure how that would affect the seals. I have thought about the entire system everything so it’s still like home. But that’s a huge tank and live stock to be sending to another state.

Of course if I’m not forced to move etc then I’d keep my tank. But I have to prepare for the worst and at the moment I don’t even know where I’m gonna live. Not sure if I want to buy or rent. I don’t even know what’s the better option. When I was told this, it kept me up all night because I don’t know what I’m going to do. With as many lay off and this virus rapidly spreading it was even suggested I take a furlow and stay home. I’d be high risk because of my accident, and my immune system isn’t probably where it should be. The only good part is if I wanna skate board down i84 interstate well she is wide open.
Sarah, my heart bleeds for you. I understand the challenges in life. In 2 months I went from happly married to being single and wondering what life would throw at me next. There are days I'm still tempted to tear my reef down and sell it off. It may happen yet. I say that to remind you that YOU come first. You have to do what is right by you before you worry about what is best for your fish and coral.
Life isn't fair and that is just the way it is. You have had way more challenges than you have deserved lately. Focus on what is best for you and the rest will fall into place.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah, my heart bleeds for you. I understand the challenges in life. In 2 months I went from happly married to being single and wondering what life would throw at me next. There are days I'm still tempted to tear my reef down and sell it off. It may happen yet. I say that to remind you that YOU come first. You have to do what is right by you before you worry about what is best for your fish and coral.
Life isn't fair and that is just the way it is. You have had way more challenges than you have deserved lately. Focus on what is best for you and the rest will fall into place.

Hello,

@Brew12 this year has not been kind to myself or you. I wish it was possible for your happiness to come back.
It’s no fun having a broken heart, and they never seem to heal. I have never been able to put myself first.
The reasons are that’s not what a good person does, a good person helps those in need. The other reason is,
Doesn’t matter if I do or don’t, most people simply don’t care how they affect others. It really woke me up on how severe depression, anxiety, panic attacks ptsd are. Those who have them put others first and are never cared for.

I don’t know what to make of this year, this crisis and people who live pay check to pay check losing homes or cars etc. nobody cares what happens to them or their families, as long as business make money. I know for my friends I have here I hope things stay good. @Brew12 how I wish I could have made your wife stay for the reason that you were married in the first place . There has always been a standard procedure for most things, if your hungry then eat, If sick see dr If one is bleeding go to the er. But if you are losing your mind and your heart is broken there is no standard solution.

As my friends have said keep your tank you will regret it. I fear this too would be the ultimate demise if you do. Keep me posted on what you plan to do.

As with my tank, I’m lost, confused and have no idea. It maybe in time it will help me like myself again.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is both shocking and upsetting. Just when we think all is looking up- then comes the Down factor.
I have heard horror stories on the virus thus far. Thankfully, theres is normalcy where im at.... at least for now. They say it gets worse before it gets better. I get it, but how many worse situations must it take?
Sarah, im not only sorry but you barely got a chance to enjoy the new home healthy. This landlord needs to realize you are in no physical condition to pack up and go.
You are protected yes by disaster clauses but also must realize you can impose a stay under federal protection but once the order expires, you can be ordered to vacate in 30 days.
You Will find Many buyers ecstatic to have a good paying tenant and may retain them upon purchase. You may also counter-offer price to retain the home.
I can’t, we can’t picture you without a tank which has kept you together in part since the accident. It has become somewhat sentimental and finally looking like a beauty. I say prepare but do not anticipate an immediate teardown. With this virus issue, not too many people are focused on house hunting VS food/utility/ phone and television needs during hard times.
Consider risks being at the hospital forefront in conjunction to your own health.
Before relinquishing tank, etc... is there a possibility you can run it temporarily at parents or brothers house- that is, should the need arise until you iron out housing situation ??
Blessings and comfort to you Sarah and to the many readers of the “ Urgh Seriously “ Fan Club which has developed
Its as popular as Katrina’s fan based “ Miracle Tank” thread !!!
Stay in health everyone and we will win this war. To win a war takes time - remember that!! We will ride this storm together, heal together and still be here for each other with our Lord leading the way !!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back