Urgh seriously.

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing good, staying healthy and trying to stay safe in this crazy time. Glad to see you are doing better and the tank is doing good except for the gha lol. I am doing a new 90 gallon build might need your insight check it out. Stay Strong , safe and healthy.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry I keep sounding like a broken record but I have been completely over whelmed because I was called back to work and it’s insane right now. For those reading this will be a long post, so energy drink may be needed.

For those people who think this virus is a joke or it’s like the flu please understand that you don’t die from covid-19. First off the virus is actually sars cov 2 which this is the second of SARS and second of coronavirus which has been around for a long time. When combined it creates or causes novel corona-19. (This isn’t a novel like you read it’s novel because it’s a new virus and we haven’t seen it before. Which also means nobody is immune to this virus. Which also mean anyone and everyone who comes in contact with this will catch the virus. This will cause some kind of symptoms from mild to serious to death. Let’s be certain of definitions mild means you won’t have to be hospitalized which is roughly 80% ish. 20% will be hospitalized and half of those will be in icu. Then those that are in icu probably half to more will be on respirators. Now as of today we have over 300,000 cases, and roughly 10,000 deaths. Let’s do the math here my friends. If 80% have no hospitalization and 20% do, and half of that goes to icu that’s 10%. 10% of 300,000 is 30,000 people who will need respirators (ventilators). How many people think we actually have that many? Well to save time we don’t have that many, and not to mention we have not even hit the peak of this virus so chew on those numbers a little.

So how does this virus kill you? (We will get back to this also). Well this virus is a respiratory disease, so anyone who has a respiratory problem are high risk because this virus attacks the lungs. If one has copd, sleep apnea, asthma lung surgery etc. Now not only that, but it also affects you if you have high blood pressure (trust me it’s related), and other issues, obesity, and the age range use to be 80s etc. Now it doesn’t matter what your age is it will affect you. So if you hear on the news that you can’t catch this if your 20 or 30, or you hear it from work etc, then excuse my language but they are stupid. You can catch it and be contagious and give it to other people.

It’s important to know this virus is airborne, we can breath it in. People say but I’m 6 feet away, doesn’t matter it’s air borne. If you hug, kiss, cuddle, somebody snores next to you, then there is a good chance you will catch this, (why) because it’s airborne and we think it’s droplets. Which is important because if it is aerosolized then the N95 masks really don’t work at all. Plus people can get from contact, plastic, stainless steel etc, it’s still debatable how long it survives, it depends on the surface. So that counter, or that shopping cart, shoes, hand rails can all contain the virus for different amount time, from hours to who knows, we don’t actually know.

Once you inhale breathe this virus in, it’s gonna go down the pathway to your lungs aka trachea. Now peoples lungs are quite big and literally go up to the clavicle and go down to the bottom of your ribs or right above the waist line approx. Anyway lungs have these tiny little air pockets called alveoli and they do your gas exchange. To keep this simple there are two types of cells in the lungs. Type one is the gas exchange where we literally breath in and out. Let’s ask this, how long can people hold their breath? Me I’m like not even 30 seconds lol, if some one ever in high school gave me a swirly (head in toilet), I would not live very long. As Mr Miyagi would say breath in and out very important to always breath. This virus actually targets the type 2 pneumocyte which produces surfactant. What is surfactant well it’s kinda like a gooey fluid that’s in the fluid lining of the alveolar that helps it to collapse and expand. (This helps you breath). Trying to keep this simple lol and it’s hard. Anyway, so this type 2 pneumocyte has a receptor called ace or aka angiotensin converting enzyme. (Remember how I said this was related to high blood pressure). Has any one heard of an ace inhibitor? What this actually does and helps with is regulating blood pressure, (and those with high blood pressure take medication to regulate their blood pressure. Now somehow and I don’t know why and I’m not sure others do but the virus also attacks this ace inhibitor. So it makes its way into this protein and duplicates itself, (like a bunch of times), and cause the cell to die. Now this is one cell out of millions and once it dies it’s going to cause a huge inflammatory response. So naturally your body fights it and sends out a lot of L1 and L6, Alfa etc. One your body mounts a huge immune response is well how actually one dies. So as the body goes to defend itself and take on the virus, the response actually is what kills you. (Now we are wondering virus or immune that kills us right). Now, as these cells die your alveoli now bring in fluid into your lungs. This is bad because it cause pneumonia in your lungs. If my physics is right and we are gravity dependent then the fluid will start and or transfer to the bottom of your lungs. Now my friends this is not good and this is where things get very bad, it’s called consolidation.
The lungs will now fill with fluid, and they will function but as more cells die and more fluid comes in, your lungs get hard and makes it so one can not inhale and exhale. (This is bad), because it can not export the fluids. Now going back to the virus because this attacks the type 2 pneumocytes it destroys the lungs. So let’s say we have a perfect healthly lung and then compare to a (sorry) smokers lung per say. It reduces the alveoli aka air pockets in your lungs.

When this happens, as water fills your lungs, (holding your breath, being under water), now causes ARDS which is acute respiratory disease syndrome. You won’t be able to breath, exchange gases etc, because the lungs have been destroyed.

with this said that how does one go from bad flu symptoms to death. Well the connection between the two simply is pneumonia which then leads to Ards. Since the alveoli are soaked with nasty puss like fluid, the space between them also fills with fluid. Medically this is the interstitial space. You literally can not breath and the muscles around the lungs basically stop do exhaustion. This is wear you would decline in health really fast. It’s literally a super steep sloping decline. This is where I have to say I have to place tubes down your trachea and hook you to a machine (ventilator) so you have oxygen. The numbers are not exact or proven but if we have ten people on ventilators then probably 6 of them will die. This will no go from a lung problem to a massive snow ball effect. Major organs liver, heart and then kidneys will fail. It will be too much for any person to overcome and be healthy again. (Yes anything is possible, but odds are low). We would not even have enough dialysis machines for the small amount of people who have kidney failure.

This is very real my friends, this is not the darn flu. Stay home, quit playing golf, parties, what ever else you do. Wash your hands and just stay home. Bluntly put (sounds so morbid but true), if this happens to you and you develop fluids and ards we can’t save you. Not to mention it’s really frustrating when people still do parties and golf parties and bars etc whatever, and we have to risk our own lives, to try and save you. You may not get to the point where you have to be hospitalized, and those who are, well the odds are not in my favor of catching this, and I do have asthma, I would be one of the people on a ventilator and have a 40% chance of survival. Please take this seriously, you may survive but it’s possible you’re loved ones won’t, or a friend, even a nurse, dr, etc.

Oh and I have new pics of the tank as soon as they will upload.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry I keep sounding like a broken record but I have been completely over whelmed because I was called back to work and it’s insane right now. For those reading this will be a long post, so energy drink may be needed.

For those people who think this virus is a joke or it’s like the flu please understand that you don’t die from covid-19. First off the virus is actually sars cov 2 which this is the second of SARS and second of coronavirus which has been around for a long time. When combined it creates or causes novel corona-19. (This isn’t a novel like you read it’s novel because it’s a new virus and we haven’t seen it before. Which also means nobody is immune to this virus. Which also mean anyone and everyone who comes in contact with this will catch the virus. This will cause some kind of symptoms from mild to serious to death. Let’s be certain of definitions mild means you won’t have to be hospitalized which is roughly 80% ish. 20% will be hospitalized and half of those will be in icu. Then those that are in icu probably half to more will be on respirators. Now as of today we have over 300,000 cases, and roughly 10,000 deaths. Let’s do the math here my friends. If 80% have no hospitalization and 20% do, and half of that goes to icu that’s 10%. 10% of 300,000 is 30,000 people who will need respirators (ventilators). How many people think we actually have that many? Well to save time we don’t have that many, and not to mention we have not even hit the peak of this virus so chew on those numbers a little.

So how does this virus kill you? (We will get back to this also). Well this virus is a respiratory disease, so anyone who has a respiratory problem are high risk because this virus attacks the lungs. If one has copd, sleep apnea, asthma lung surgery etc. Now not only that, but it also affects you if you have high blood pressure (trust me it’s related), and other issues, obesity, and the age range use to be 80s etc. Now it doesn’t matter what your age is it will affect you. So if you hear on the news that you can’t catch this if your 20 or 30, or you hear it from work etc, then excuse my language but they are stupid. You can catch it and be contagious and give it to other people.

It’s important to know this virus is airborne, we can breath it in. People say but I’m 6 feet away, doesn’t matter it’s air borne. If you hug, kiss, cuddle, somebody snores next to you, then there is a good chance you will catch this, (why) because it’s airborne and we think it’s droplets. Which is important because if it is aerosolized then the N95 masks really don’t work at all. Plus people can get from contact, plastic, stainless steel etc, it’s still debatable how long it survives, it depends on the surface. So that counter, or that shopping cart, shoes, hand rails can all contain the virus for different amount time, from hours to who knows, we don’t actually know.

Once you inhale breathe this virus in, it’s gonna go down the pathway to your lungs aka trachea. Now peoples lungs are quite big and literally go up to the clavicle and go down to the bottom of your ribs or right above the waist line approx. Anyway lungs have these tiny little air pockets called alveoli and they do your gas exchange. To keep this simple there are two types of cells in the lungs. Type one is the gas exchange where we literally breath in and out. Let’s ask this, how long can people hold their breath? Me I’m like not even 30 seconds lol, if some one ever in high school gave me a swirly (head in toilet), I would not live very long. As Mr Miyagi would say breath in and out very important to always breath. This virus actually targets the type 2 pneumocyte which produces surfactant. What is surfactant well it’s kinda like a gooey fluid that’s in the fluid lining of the alveolar that helps it to collapse and expand. (This helps you breath). Trying to keep this simple lol and it’s hard. Anyway, so this type 2 pneumocyte has a receptor called ace or aka angiotensin converting enzyme. (Remember how I said this was related to high blood pressure). Has any one heard of an ace inhibitor? What this actually does and helps with is regulating blood pressure, (and those with high blood pressure take medication to regulate their blood pressure. Now somehow and I don’t know why and I’m not sure others do but the virus also attacks this ace inhibitor. So it makes its way into this protein and duplicates itself, (like a bunch of times), and cause the cell to die. Now this is one cell out of millions and once it dies it’s going to cause a huge inflammatory response. So naturally your body fights it and sends out a lot of L1 and L6, Alfa etc. One your body mounts a huge immune response is well how actually one dies. So as the body goes to defend itself and take on the virus, the response actually is what kills you. (Now we are wondering virus or immune that kills us right). Now, as these cells die your alveoli now bring in fluid into your lungs. This is bad because it cause pneumonia in your lungs. If my physics is right and we are gravity dependent then the fluid will start and or transfer to the bottom of your lungs. Now my friends this is not good and this is where things get very bad, it’s called consolidation.
The lungs will now fill with fluid, and they will function but as more cells die and more fluid comes in, your lungs get hard and makes it so one can not inhale and exhale. (This is bad), because it can not export the fluids. Now going back to the virus because this attacks the type 2 pneumocytes it destroys the lungs. So let’s say we have a perfect healthly lung and then compare to a (sorry) smokers lung per say. It reduces the alveoli aka air pockets in your lungs.

When this happens, as water fills your lungs, (holding your breath, being under water), now causes ARDS which is acute respiratory disease syndrome. You won’t be able to breath, exchange gases etc, because the lungs have been destroyed.

with this said that how does one go from bad flu symptoms to death. Well the connection between the two simply is pneumonia which then leads to Ards. Since the alveoli are soaked with nasty puss like fluid, the space between them also fills with fluid. Medically this is the interstitial space. You literally can not breath and the muscles around the lungs basically stop do exhaustion. This is wear you would decline in health really fast. It’s literally a super steep sloping decline. This is where I have to say I have to place tubes down your trachea and hook you to a machine (ventilator) so you have oxygen. The numbers are not exact or proven but if we have ten people on ventilators then probably 6 of them will die. This will no go from a lung problem to a massive snow ball effect. Major organs liver, heart and then kidneys will fail. It will be too much for any person to overcome and be healthy again. (Yes anything is possible, but odds are low). We would not even have enough dialysis machines for the small amount of people who have kidney failure.

This is very real my friends, this is not the darn flu. Stay home, quit playing golf, parties, what ever else you do. Wash your hands and just stay home. Bluntly put (sounds so morbid but true), if this happens to you and you develop fluids and ards we can’t save you. Not to mention it’s really frustrating when people still do parties and golf parties and bars etc whatever, and we have to risk our own lives, to try and save you. You may not get to the point where you have to be hospitalized, and those who are, well the odds are not in my favor of catching this, and I do have asthma, I would be one of the people on a ventilator and have a 40% chance of survival. Please take this seriously, you may survive but it’s possible you’re loved ones won’t, or a friend, even a nurse, dr, etc.

Hey Sarah! Nice to hear from you and I hope you are doing well. I've been worried about you?

Mind if I paraphrase this for you?
Virus invades lungs and latches onto cells in lungs. Too much of an immune response creates a barrier within lungs that blocks transfer of oxygen. Respirators may provide enough pressure to force O2 through the barrier to your blood. If it doesn't, you die.
I cringed when I saw a friend make a "positive" post on Facebook saying we should be re-assured that 98.4 percent of people survive. I don't think they did the math to realize that would be over 5 million fatalities in the US.
It has killed more than 1 out of every 4000 citizens in Spain and Italy. I'm going to agree, this isn't the flu.

Please keep taking care of yourself, emotionally and physically. How are the legs healing, by the way? Oh.. and look forward to the tank pictures. How about ending with a picture or two from mine?
Coral3.jpg

Coral1.jpg

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sarah! Nice to hear from you and I hope you are doing well. I've been worried about you?

Mind if I paraphrase this for you?
Virus invades lungs and latches onto cells in lungs. Too much of an immune response creates a barrier within lungs that blocks transfer of oxygen. Respirators may provide enough pressure to force O2 through the barrier to your blood. If it doesn't, you die.
I cringed when I saw a friend make a "positive" post on Facebook saying we should be re-assured that 98.4 percent of people survive. I don't think they did the math to realize that would be over 5 million fatalities in the US.
It has killed more than 1 out of every 4000 citizens in Spain and Italy. I'm going to agree, this isn't the flu.

Please keep taking care of yourself, emotionally and physically. How are the legs healing, by the way? Oh.. and look forward to the tank pictures. How about ending with a picture or two from mine?
Coral3.jpg

Coral1.jpg

[/
Hello,

I panicked really bad, one of the boards on the front of my tank stand came loose. (The support that holds the doors on. So I had to have the lfs guy dremel a little out to get it back in place. We re glued it and then used three screws top and bottom to snug it up even more. Not sure if that makes a big difference but I didn’t want to risk it.

i have been feeling better, and my legs are still wobbly but getting better. Definitely still hurt and I have to manage standing and sitting when I’m at work. They are only having me do 8-10 hour shifts, but I’m there well last three weeks 7 days a week. Hand is better but hurts after so many hours as well. Physically lol I still can’t seem to get past 90 pounds, even when I try. Starting to think the scales are rigged.
I still have not decided to get a car yet. Just not comfy with it quite yet. One of my co workers is about a mile from me so it helps.

Emotionally lol I’m kinda feel like a racquetball flying at super high rate of speed at a wall. Been managing things but it’s hard. All of the lay offs have not helped specially for members of my family. There have been a few other issues that have been hard, but I can just do my best manage. I still love my tank and still figuring out about the house. Luckily, they came to much during this pandemic. So safe for a while, but still have to keep things optional. There are days I feel that I’m getting back to the old me. Then others where I seem further away. But hey lol i loved your paraphrase :) my post was a tad long. Ops.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sarah
Beautiful and well detailed analysis of the virus and its effects.
Same here with people acting normal and now we have a nursing home with 2 deaths and a completely sick staff in which the national guard has taken over duties, I agree a complete lockdown is warranted yet no action.
Damage to lungs are followed by many other side effects and alone when we see many people panicking, and becoming stressed, its placing their immune system into overdrive and while we cant control the behaviors of others that refuse to take this seriously- we Can control our self care.
Sarah sorry you’re working a million hours but glad you’re on your feet and tank doing well !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I panicked really bad, one of the boards on the front of my tank stand came loose. (The support that holds the doors on. So I had to have the lfs guy dremel a little out to get it back in place. We re glued it and then used three screws top and bottom to snug it up even more. Not sure if that makes a big difference but I didn’t want to risk it.

i have been feeling better, and my legs are still wobbly but getting better. Definitely still hurt and I have to manage standing and sitting when I’m at work. They are only having me do 8-10 hour shifts, but I’m there well last three weeks 7 days a week. Hand is better but hurts after so many hours as well. Physically lol I still can’t seem to get past 90 pounds, even when I try. Starting to think the scales are rigged.
I still have not decided to get a car yet. Just not comfy with it quite yet. One of my co workers is about a mile from me so it helps.

Emotionally lol I’m kinda feel like a racquetball flying at super high rate of speed at a wall. Been managing things but it’s hard. All of the lay offs have not helped specially for members of my family. There have been a few other issues that have been hard, but I can just do my best manage. I still love my tank and still figuring out about the house. Luckily, they came to much during this pandemic. So safe for a while, but still have to keep things optional. There are days I feel that I’m getting back to the old me. Then others where I seem further away. But hey lol i loved your paraphrase :)my post was a tad long. Ops

Not sure if I posted this already or me being able to stand and walk and then a pic of me going back to work lol.

20A8D8EC-7E0A-40AC-ACBB-AD283193558C.jpeg 954C9556-CDD2-475F-BF80-66BF72247704.jpeg

Bon Koo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First, please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section, but I have never had this happen before and I am panicking.

So I have a 240 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump tank. To be nice I let my brother and his children stay in my home for this week. (Long story) I just came home and found out that my nephews have been urinating in my sump tank. I don’t know how long they have been doing it, how often. I came home and caught my 5 year old nephew red handed.

I immediately shut down my return pumps, and shut the union valves underneath off and shut all flow from the tank to the sump off completely. I have no idea how much has already been sent into my main display tank, and how long. I’m doing a water test now to see where my parameters are now. I also have enough salt water stores to do 80 gallon water change.

The only thing I have added was I turned on my magnum 350 canister filter which there are two of them. One is a purification filter (it’s white) and the second is a straight carbon only. Any thing else I should be doing, I’m worried about my fish and corals.

Thanks
I suggest adding bacteria, microbacter7 from brightwell aquatics with huge water change.to drop the ammonia level.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest adding bacteria, microbacter7 from brightwell aquatics with huge water change.to drop the ammonia level.

Hello.

I’m not sure if that would actually work, tests from yesterday showed I had 440 cal, 9 alk, and then nitrates are undetectable and phosphates between undetectable and .25 ppm. So I am going to add more additional phosphate remover for now. Still can’t do water changes, (tank is use to it, I have not done one since September roughly). But things have to be higher because the gha is probably consuming nitrates and phosphates. Which means I can’t drop too much or I will crash the tank. I have added more filter socks and micro filter pads to reduce any alage or anything else getting back into the tank.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah
Beautiful and well detailed analysis of the virus and its effects.
Same here with people acting normal and now we have a nursing home with 2 deaths and a completely sick staff in which the national guard has taken over duties, I agree a complete lockdown is warranted yet no action.
Damage to lungs are followed by many other side effects and alone when we see many people panicking, and becoming stressed, its placing their immune system into overdrive and while we cant control the behaviors of others that refuse to take this seriously- we Can control our self care.
Sarah sorry you’re working a million hours but glad you’re on your feet and tank doing well !!

Hello,

Ahh thanks and I may have gone a little too far and long but there is just so much false info, at least I can relay some proper info. Idaho has gone up a lot now as well, and at first we saw no deaths. Now we are keeping pace with others, we have had 10 deaths so far and about 1200 cases, but out of that we have between 80-120 health care workers who have tested positive so pretty scary. Which is why when We drive by the golf course going home and back, there are tons of people playing and even the soccer field is loaded with tons of people.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thank you for the simplified explanation :) . I have been looking for this to understand the virus.

I am also glad to read that you are up on your feet again.

Thank care, and thank you for being on the front lines.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the simplified explanation :) . I have been looking for this to understand the virus.

I am also glad to read that you are up on your feet again.

Thank care, and thank you for being on the front lines.

Hello,

Thank you I was trying to be simple but detailed enough that people wouldn’t be confused. However it was pretty long but hope between what I wrote and @Brew12 paraphrase lol the point gets made :) how are things where you are?

PeaBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I really appreciate you taking time to explain this. Thank you. We'll get through it.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thank you I was trying to be simple but detailed enough that people wouldn’t be confused. However it was pretty long but hope between what I wrote and @Brew12 paraphrase lol the point gets made :) how are things where you are?
I am well. Thank you for asking. :)

I am happy to report that my system is coming back to life after a year and a half of watching a healthy system die. What do I think the problem is/was. After trying everything I could think of, I think it comes down to the county spraying for mosquitoes at night time. I had my airline tube run to the outside wall facing the street to bring in more fresh air to the skimmer. Living here in Florida, house are pretty much closed up year round and the Co2 builds up in the houses. My PH had been running low, so I ran an airline to the outside, and my PH went up. My thinking is small amounts of the insecticide fog was getting sucked into the skimmer airline from outside. About 4 weeks ago I moved the airline up into the attic to pull in the fresh air in. The insecticide fog will not get pulled into the system any more.

The system is still adjusting/cycling. I have been slowly bring down the phosphates by dosing lanthanum chloride with a slow drip, using a feeding bag. That is my story, and I am stick with it.:p:D

If you have any more issue with your stand, please reach out and maybe I can help from afar. One of the thing I do for a living, is we have a millwork.

Again, please take care and I will pop in and see how you and your tank are doing.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am well. Thank you for asking. :)

I am happy to report that my system is coming back to life after a year and a half of watching a healthy system die. What do I think the problem is/was. After trying everything I could think of, I think it comes down to the county spraying for mosquitoes at night time. I had my airline tube run to the outside wall facing the street to bring in more fresh air to the skimmer. Living here in Florida, house are pretty much closed up year round and the Co2 builds up in the houses. My PH had been running low, so I ran an airline to the outside, and my PH went up. My thinking is small amounts of the insecticide fog was getting sucked into the skimmer airline from outside. About 4 weeks ago I moved the airline up into the attic to pull in the fresh air in. The insecticide fog will not get pulled into the system any more.

The system is still adjusting/cycling. I have been slowly bring down the phosphates by dosing lanthanum chloride with a slow drip, using a feeding bag. That is my story, and I am stick with it.:p:D

If you have any more issue with your stand, please reach out and maybe I can help from afar. One of the thing I do for a living, is we have a millwork.

Again, please take care and I will pop in and see how you and your tank are doing.

Hello,

I will definitely send pics of it and ask people’s input. I’m not sure how structurally it’s designed to be. But all the others are only glued on, except the four corners. They are notched which I was able to get back on the lower section. But it’s a little scary when you see part of your stand come apart on a 240 gallon tank.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I will definitely send pics of it and ask people’s input. I’m not sure how structurally it’s designed to be. But all the others are only glued on, except the four corners. They are notched which I was able to get back on the lower section. But it’s a little scary when you see part of your stand come apart on a 240 gallon tank.
Good Day and Hello

Defiantly post/send pictures

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah,
Thanks for taking the time to post in your busy life. A lot of us are confused by what we read or hear online about the virus so your post is GOLD. I live right on the Idaho border and we are needing to deliver to customers in Washington and Idaho. If we request that they remain in another room while we are in the the house installing, wear N95 masks, gloves and wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant we touch on exit do you think we are putting the customer at risk? Both of us on the crew are raised in medical families and understand many protocols for protection. I am under contract to provide and the infection rate is still low in the region today. So I am just trying to make good decisions while continuing to support the company's we contract with. The prolonged shut down is going to kill all small businesses and even more so if you take the bailout loans! The loans are a way for the government to push the responsibility for unemployment onto the unsuspecting business owner and run up their debt burden. They are claiming SOME possible debt forgiveness in the future if you continue to pay your employees.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarah,
Thanks for taking the time to post in your busy life. A lot of us are confused by what we read or hear online about the virus so your post is GOLD. I live right on the Idaho border and we are needing to deliver to customers in Washington and Idaho. If we request that they remain in another room while we are in the the house installing, wear N95 masks, gloves and wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant we touch on exit do you think we are putting the customer at risk? Both of us on the crew are raised in medical families and understand many protocols for protection. I am under contract to provide and the infection rate is still low in the region today. So I am just trying to make good decisions while continuing to support the company's we contract with. The prolonged shut down is going to kill all small businesses and even more so if you take the bailout loans! The loans are a way for the government to push the responsibility for unemployment onto the unsuspecting business owner and run up their debt burden. They are claiming SOME possible debt forgiveness in the future if you continue to pay your employees.

Hello,

This is a good question and also hard to answer. The problem is a few factors. 1) It’s air borne so it’s droplets, but we are not sure of it is aerosole as well. If it is then that n95 mask is pretty much worthless, you will not be protected. The other huge issue is, they are not certain how long the virus can live on other items. it can live on your coat, shirt, pants, even your face mask etc. cleaning counters etc always helps and washing hands is always huge. However we don’t bleach our masks or clothes etc. the other problem is hidden carriers. Some may not even know they have it and if they have it and you are next to them, you are going to catch this, or they will catch this. Since this is a new virus strain, nobody is immune to it. Not to mention, who can keep track where they went, been, going, every day. You could go to the gas station and pick up the pump handle and possibly catch it, (if it’s still alive etc). Again the virus technically doesn’t kill some one. It is that their immune system over reacts and causes more problems.
I can’t lie, there are so many ways one can catch this, it’s hard to say what to do. We know the basics but that’s really it. Sadly the only way to be positive you stay protected is stay home 24/7 until it’s over. Which umm we have no idea when that is. It could be May, June, July, it’s hard to know. Example China had a major outbreak and then it slowed, but now it’s coming back three weeks later. So it could be a very long time.
If I could literally afford my home and basic bills with out working I’d stay home. No way would I go to work, (well I am in the medical field but if I wasn’t in residency etc). The more people you are around, will make it easier for you to catch it.

This is going to hurt every one, business, but even worse families, kids, people, and now animals. Animals have tested positive for the virus, and they recovered. The issue I have is, yes business get bailed out etc (whole 20 page response), but people families won’t get bailed out. Who is going to hire or work if they keep things shut down? Unemployment is a total waste of time (well in Idaho). A close friend she was laid off, she gets 1/3 of her normal Pay check a week. This is just the beginning and it’s not looking pretty. The panic I see every day is insane. It’s like the zombie apocalypse from the 10th rink of ,,,;;;;. I really hope you are careful and by all means put yourself first. Plus remember, you could always give it to another person, and they could possibly die from it. Same goes for you, one of your customers may transmit it to you, and they will be fine (meaning no icu or ventilators even hospitalization.) but if you have any lung issues (you are in big trouble, any high blood pressure, copd, so many things play a factor. Just please be safe.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response! We have been isolated for the most part of over two weeks to make sure we have no symptoms since no tests are available unless you have symptoms. Only two cases locally and they are isolated in their homes at this time.

I am more concerned about transmission from me to a customer than the other way around. No one is living in the next house we are starting on and it is at least four days since anyone has been in the house as a sub-contractor. The lead contractor is immune suppressed so he will unlock and leave so no contact at all. I will template using laser light survey equipment so very little contact with surfaces. All our other installs will require people to leave the room until after we leave the room for their protection.

There will be about two weeks before we install again to allow for symptoms to express if we contract something. Of course that would stop any further installs until we are cleared.

The SBA loan is designed to help keep employees at 60% pay level or better but most small business will be pushed out of the system due to larger companies gaming the system by getting lobbiest to allow SBA loans by location not total number of employees across the company. Expect most of the money to go to national chains and the scraps to go to some smaller well connected companies. SBA loan up to 2.5 time the payroll expense and can be used to pay overhead as well (rent, utilities, ect.). SBA loans are notorious for the difficulty of normal small business to land so most of us gave up years ago on that system...we are on our own and are probably better off for it.

OP
OP
Sarah24!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

First off happy happy Easter and I definitely pray every one is safe and with family as much as they can be. This past few months I have noticed one of the things I love the most I haven’t been doing and that’s being here with my friends and talking about life and my crazy tank etc. I think it’s time to dedicate time to my thread again, one I love and miss it and two I’m going insane lol.

With that said, here are pics and this is day one w me trying a high powered (per say phosphate remover, went in last night.) the good thing is my stinging Duncan seems happier already. So here are some pics :) I have missed everyone and rest assure I haven’t forgotten any one.

146E8691-E401-4E4F-9706-EE2D9A01AAAD.jpeg 500C2438-3C00-4FC5-A7E6-2BCFF802A179.jpeg 6D64B7F3-B6EB-43AC-8A93-2211DBE22845.jpeg 95E24541-94A2-429F-9343-098DE56EECFF.jpeg CBEB51DB-908B-4CF7-B4F0-CA0E1AD5FE0B.jpeg A333600D-82F3-44C1-B806-E9521CD054F6.jpeg 8B8B0D9D-9132-4A85-8D9F-561996843650.jpeg F60D830B-39F7-497C-B474-139CE89EBD5D.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back