USA Orbit Marine LED programming

Mwhitedesigns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good afternoon!
I just got the USA Orbit Marine LED light. This has the same controller as the IC (the loop) and has RGBW lighting leds.

https://current-usa.com/orbit-marine-led/

It has been great so far. However there are no instructions on how to program from sunrise to sunset. I've seen videos of people who've done this but I can find any tutorials.

I've set all my settings light levels for sunrise, daylight and sunset.

Basically i want to turn on lights gradually for sunrise. Then they rise to the daytime levels/lights then they fade slowly for sunset until they turn off. But i can't figure out how to do it! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Press the M1 button
Press the blue channel button then sunrise button, use the plus or minus button till it says 30 ( 30 minutes is the longest you can set the set or rise )
Press the enter button after you have the 30 set
Repeat for the white channel
Press and long hold the M1 button was until the display shows M1
Press the M1 button again and your done.

I have the same light on my QT tank so any help I can give I will. Worst case I'll give you my number and walk you through it that way as long as I'm home and in front of mine. Lol

OP
OP
M

Mwhitedesigns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

I set the on and off time but it never turned off last night nor on this morning.

Once i set the sunrise and sunset channels etc musing the M1 button, how do i enable it? Also, my remote has an M button and no M1. I assume it's the same thing?

I wish it came with better directions!

A2F14533-15C8-428A-9DB6-87B64FC3107B.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mwhitedesigns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my M button is for another saved color spectrum setting. Guess i need to use the weather pattern? They still Ding give directions but on the product pages it states that it should be able to mimic sunrise and sunset.

Last edited:

crow14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly once you set your times press enter/resume twice otherwise it'll stay in the always on mode. The resume button returns it to timer mode from what ever mode it is in. I can look into it more later today. I've been running the same lights for about a year now.

OP
OP
M

Mwhitedesigns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks crow. Does it automatically ramp to sunset etc? Or does it just turn it on to your presets for each.

crow14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Once you set your on/off times it'll ramp sunrise starting 1.5 hours before your start time. And ramp down for sunset for 1.5 hours. After sunset it'll run moonlight for 6 hours then completely off until the cycle starts again.

OP
OP
M

Mwhitedesigns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I see the clock on the display. I could've sworn it was on last night and this morning but it never turned on or off. I'll see if it actually does any ramping now.

crow14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set the intensity for sunrise/sunset by holding the sunset bottom until it beeps. I did this with mine as the default seemed too bright. You can also set the intensity for the moonlight the same way. The default was just too abrupt of a change when going to moonlight with the default setting.

OP
OP
M

Mwhitedesigns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've done that. I set the intensity for each color in each of the sunrise/sunset, daily and moonlight presets. Just gotta wait to see if it actually ramps automatically.

Safe to assume when you see the clock on the display it means it should do it right?

image.jpg

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I just woke up from a long night lol. Looks like Crow has you covered. If you ever choose to get new powerheads/wave pumps you can get the e-Flux waves and run off the same remote. I have 4 of the 2100 gph eflux waves on my 240 and they are dead silent and move a ton of water!!! Been going strong for a year and a half with no issues, draw very little power, and are cheap compared to many others.

hannible

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have an older version of the orbit marine pro lights (2x) and wanted to know if anyone know how to program the pre-set schedule (M1) to start/stop daily automatically based on the default schedule? Sorry the written and video instruction are a bit confusing. Thanks in advance

index.jpg

ClearLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have an older version of the orbit marine pro lights (2x) and wanted to know if anyone know how to program the pre-set schedule (M1) to start/stop daily automatically based on the default schedule? Sorry the written and video instruction are a bit confusing. Thanks in advance

index.jpg
I thought it was easy. The "M 1" button at the top, is the default timer schedule. Just press the top "M 1" button and the light goes into the default mode. The "Timer M 1" button near the bottom is the user defined stored timer schedule.

hannible

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was easy. The "M 1" button at the top, is the default timer schedule. Just press the top "M 1" button and the light goes into the default mode. The "Timer M 1" button near the bottom is the user defined stored timer schedule.
Thanks. so if i press the M1 button on top then it will come on/off daily based on the schedule in the instruction?

OP
OP
M

Mwhitedesigns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it runs fine now. Did you set the nighttime Preset? I think you need to make sure the nighttime preset has been set before it will ramp down.

Caleb barger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wont turn on automatically, at this point I could care less about setting up ramp times, I just want the light to be on a schedule. I've set the on and off times and made sure to push enter both times. I woke up and the light was on at 7:00 am, when I clearly have it set to come on at 12:00pm and last night it didn't go off it's own either. (Yes I've made sure to push enter until I see the time)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back